Stupid people

warpspeed

http://www.whiotv.com/news/23186440/detail.html#

the girl and one of the guys was friends of mine....i was with them half an hour before the accident last night... first time someone close to me that I had JUST been with died from something stupid like that......I just keep thinking about what I SHOULDA done, like offer to drive them because I wasn't drinking.....

moral of the story, if you drink and drive or ride with a drunk person....DON'T do it.

moral of the story, if you drink and drive or ride with a drunk person....DON'T do it.

Sorry for your loss. I quit drinking and driving a long time ago, I think its a part of growing up. You realize at some point that keeping your job and making your house payments is more important than a few beers. And if you have a wife and kids, then making it home safely to them is definitely more important.

wow that sucks that some one died. I can only imagine how the person driving that car will live for rest of their life knowing they killed some one...

Oh, he'll live just fine. In fact he's probably joking about the whole thing as I type this. I only feel for the girl's family and hope they crucify him to the limit.

First off, I am sorry for your loss. Don't beat yourself up too much, you can't hold someone's hand their whole life.

You realize at some point that keeping your job and making your house payments is more important than a few beers. And if you have a wife and kids' date=' then making it home safely to them is definitely more important.[/quote']

Thats the mother effing truth right there.

Oh, he'll live just fine. In fact he's probably joking about the whole thing as I type this. .

What? Really???

Oh, he'll live just fine. In fact he's probably joking about the whole thing as I type this. I only feel for the girl's family and hope they crucify him to the limit.

That is fucked up. People like that deserve the WORST in the world. How can you take away an innocent life and not care.:mad:

I never played the drinking and driving game...it was never worth the risk to me.

+1. I didn't really start drinking to I went into the Army. I saw to many lives ruined with alcohol so I learned how to handle myself and knew the consequences it could have. Only a couple times have I driven with a beer or two in my system. Of course that was when I had a higher tolerance also. I don't drink much anymore.

http://www.whiotv.com/news/23186440/detail.html#

the girl and one of the guys was friends of mine....i was with them half an hour before the accident last night... first time someone close to me that I had JUST been with died from something stupid like that......I just keep thinking about what I SHOULDA done, like offer to drive them because I wasn't drinking.....

How old are you? According to that site they're all under 21.

The chick was 17, where the fck were her parents?

Why do people let their kids do this sh1t?

What does being 17 have to do with it? When I was 17, I was allowed out of my parents' sight regularly. I don't think that the parents of this girl would have "let" her get into a car with a drunk driver, but a Saturday night at 1am isn't entirely unheard of, and my parent's were definitely NOT known for being reasonable with their rules.

I am finding myself at a loss for words for your first statement. Will this guy sit and think about this every day, and cry and beat himself up emotionally. Probably not. He made a stupid, foolish, ignorant, etc mistake. He's not a suicide bomber. He didn't mean for this to happen (or at least we should assume)

However, I agree with the latter.

I'm 20. 2 were friends, 2 were mutual friends.

Theres 14yo - 17 yo girls at parties around here all the time....at some of the bigger parties I've seen kids PARENTS partying with them--how messed up is that? I'd say for the most part the parents either don't care or don't know what their kids are doing.

thankfully I grew up before i was 18 and got into cars/bikes for something to spend my time & money on.