Help!

Wheezle

Hey guys I need suggestions on repairing my radiator on my bike. I relized after riding it, it had coolant on the right side. I went an examined the possible causes and found the radiator is leaking in the lower corner. I'm gonna try to solder it closed, but what can I do if that don't work. A new one is around $550!

Hey guys I need suggestions on repairing my radiator on my bike. I relized after riding it, it had coolant on the right side. I went an examined the possible causes and found the radiator is leaking in the lower corner. I'm gonna try to solder it closed, but what can I do if that don't work. A new one is around $550!

Looks like the melting point of Sb5, ASTM95TA solder is 235/240 degrees C, which should be plenty for a radiator. Melting point of regular solder is about 190 degrees C, this other stuff is normally used for high-temp applications like this.

/edit Or welding, welding's good too... :)

I <3 how everyone knows 'a guy'... that's really how all the shit gets done in the world. You gotta know the right people who know the right 'guys'.

Networking, FTW.

True story. I love to network. My co workers always ask me before they get work done cuz they know I always have "a guy" :D

Solder is the word, not weld. I've used silver solder and a torch to fix small stuff.

Any good radiator shop can do a busted seam and pressure test it.

Hopefully it's not plastic, that's no fun.