Cow Abuse at Conklin Dairy Farm

obesityrules

So there is a Farm Bureau meeting today here on campus. I was in there setting up a phone for an interview for them and the lady brought this video up in conversation and my head shot up and I was like wow, didn't even think about it. Crazy...

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ford Pinto case is the classical example we studied in Enginerd Skool.

In said "Free market" even intangibles have a monetary value. Ethics has a price. I think that's wrong... but, that's just my humble opinion. Right, wrong, or indifferent -- that is how the system works.

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2010/jul/06/11/charges-will-not-be-brought-against-dairy-farm-own-ar-135541/

UNION COUNTY, Ohio – A grand jury decides charges will not be brought against the owner of a Central Ohio dairy farm where an employee was fired after the release of an undercover videotape depicting animal abuse.

It's a story NBC 4 has been following since Tuesday, May 25, when the video was released to the media.

A Union County Grand Jury on Tuesday cleared Gary Conklin, owner of Conklin Dairy Cattle Sales LLC based near Plain City, and other people of allegations of animal abuse.

The grand jury found no probable cause to believe Conklin committed any crime.

I could jog to work in less than 20 minutes. :D But, not many people live that close to work. Though, the intent of the rhetorical question is noted.

And I can agree... I don't think there's any company out there that is completely ethical because competition isn't a breeding ground for moral behavior - it just isn't. While I still think it's wrong, I'm also not going to live in an empty house -- so I'll assimilate to the system and it's inherent flaws because it makes my life easier and arguably better. There's a give and take, a cost-benefit analysis that takes place.

Still doesn't mean we shouldn't strive to improve the system for the better -- too bad 'better' is subjective.

Edited by JRMMiii