External Hard Drive

dustinsn3485

depending on what you were looking to spend, you should be able to buy/build an external HD with a couple hundred GB for about $50. if that is still too much, then i guess you'll have to buy it second hand.

just keep in mind certain pr0n just won't delete, no matter how hard you try. or fap.

depending on what you were looking to spend, you should be able to buy/build an external HD with a couple hundred GB for about $50. if that is still too much, then i guess you'll have to buy it second hand.

just keep in mind certain pr0n just won't delete, no matter how hard you try. or fap.

I'm not too literate on building so I just buy and don't know what to buy for an internal. So my thought was an external uses a usb cord and I can figure out how to plug that in and transfer to it.

I haven't searched much for one because I figured new a HD is over 100 or so.

over 100? nonsense. I bought a brand new hdd from microcenter a couple years ago, 500gb sata for like $60. Its internal, but connect to wires internal, dl the drivers and your basically good to go. or you could get a dock. I bought a sata dock that was like 35ish, thats usb. Easy peasy for swapping or moving things

Micro Center has good prices for sure. I picked up a Seagate 1.5TB external for $130. I though it was marked wrong. It wasn't, just on sale.

About two weeks ago I picked up a Hitatchi 1TB external for $79 @ MicroCenter!

http://www.ohio-riders.com/showpost.php?p=491347&postcount=22

I'm not too literate on building so I just buy and don't know what to buy for an internal. So my thought was an external uses a usb cord and I can figure out how to plug that in and transfer to it.

I haven't searched much for one because I figured new a HD is over 100 or so.

nah, i was lazy and bought a 1.5tb external for like $80. and that's not even that good of a deal anymore.

as far as "building" and external HD, if you're fixing up cars and bikes and etc, you can plug in 1 connector and tighten some screws. you just have to make sure it says "SATA" or "ATA" and 2.5" or 3.5" and make sure the enclosure you get matches up.

Newegg.com (click) has multiple 200GB and 250GB external drives for $50 and less, plus a couple of bucks for shipping. I've done A LOT of business with them and highly recommend them. Item arrives in 2 or 3 days with their standard shipping.

I'm sure your local Staples, OfficeMax, or BestBuy will have them also.

If you can get to Columbus I've got an older, but still works just fine 320GB drive I don't need - you can have it for a milkshake at Dairy Queen. :D I can check on Tuesday what it would cost to ship (gotta be $10 or less) and if you can cover that...

Gee I wonder why you need it for Songs? :lol: Tell someone to quit screwing up their Ipod. look on Ebay and it should b e cheaper.

Haha, at least I got it all back for her. She wasn't even that grateful, but she's got her 8000+ songs back now. I figured I may as well back it up so I don't gotta see her breakdown again!

Newegg.com (click) has multiple 200GB and 250GB external drives for $50 and less, plus a couple of bucks for shipping. I've done A LOT of business with them and highly recommend them. Item arrives in 2 or 3 days with their standard shipping.

I'm sure your local Staples, OfficeMax, or BestBuy will have them also.

If you can get to Columbus I've got an older, but still works just fine 320GB drive I don't need - you can have it for a milkshake at Dairy Queen. :D I can check on Tuesday what it would cost to ship (gotta be $10 or less) and if you can cover that...

I'll head over to some local place to see what prices are, but keep me in mind with that 320gb. I'm interested in that and it's basically free and free is for me.