How many miles should I expect from new tires? (Cruiser- Shadow 750)

DGTL GRL

I got new tires on my Shadow Aero 750 in June of last year.

I don't have the bike in front of me right now to tell you--- but I think they are Bridgestones.. I think.

Anyway, around how many miles should I expect out of a set of cruiser tires?

I was told one time it was alot less than I would think.

Anyone got a idea? 3k? less? More?

Edited by DGTL GRL
before anyone flames me-- I tried searching then gave up! :-)

Depending on how much you ride, and what kind of riding you do, I'd imagine that 10-12k or more would be reasonable to expect out of your cruiser tires. There are a lot of factors that go into it though. A routine tire inspection should tell you when you're ready to replace. On most cruisers, it's more common for people to need to replace tires due to dry rot than wear.

I got 10k out of the stocker Dunlop D206s on my Valkyrie, and replaced them again with the D206s. Only got 6k on the front this time and rear is going on 8k and just about gone. (Kinda weird the front went before the rear this time.) ------I hear Avons are the hot cruiser tire. I'm going that way this go 'round.

I got new tires on my Shadow Aero 750 in June of last year.

I don't have the bike in front of me right now to tell you--- but I think they are Bridgestones.. I think.

Anyway, around how many miles should I expect out of a set of cruiser tires?

I was told one time it was alot less than I would think.

Anyone got a idea? 3k? less? More?

Definitley more than 3k. On that bike, depending upon how aggressively you ride, I would say 7500 to 10k would be a safe bet. In most cases cruiser tires still have lots of tread left on the outside, but the middle is gone normally around 10k.

I put new tires(OEM replacements, don't remember specs now) on my Shadow last year and think I had around 7k on them before I sold the bike. They were still in good shape, and lots of rubber still left before reaching the wear indicators. I would say they will go 10k easily.