Buying a Truck

yotaman88210

SO here is my dilemma... Im about to buy a truck and want to spend no more than 12k. It has to be a 4x4 and I really need the xtra cab(extended cab). Im really only interested in a Toyota Tacoma cuz they are basically the best trucks made. I have found a few im interested in, buuuut, Im having a hard time justifying spending 12k on a truck with 120k milkes.

I could get one w/o the extra cab with only 50kish for the same price. I dont know what to do. I think I will be pissed if I dont get the extra cab, cuz it wont be enough space for leathers and gear.

I know 120k isnt a whole lot for a tacoma, I used to have one with 160k and I didnt have any problems... untill the 14 year olds stole it. Ha.

The other option would be to get a full size van that a bike can fit in... Those are all V8s tho and would suck on gas. Anyone who has a regular cab truck... its sucks doesnt it?

What to do.... :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Yea, its only money right?

Anyone want a roomate? Im getting out of my lease and moving. I told my Mom im coming home to save money so I can get the race license and try that out...

Not sure how long I will be able to last at the parents house tho... Im gonna try it. Even if its only a few months. Anything will help!

Yea, its only money right?

Anyone want a roomate? Im getting out of my lease and moving. I told my Mom im coming home to save money so I can get the race license and try that out...

Not sure how long I will be able to last at the parents house tho... Im gonna try it. Even if its only a few months. Anything will help!

Can you dig? I'm hiring for digging in the winter, After the first of the year. It not fun but you can make a little cash....Its hard work.Oh yea and I'm an assshole!!!!!

Haha, Im sure I could dig. I work 40 hrs a week tho. Im off some days by 1. Im sure I could work a few days a week and always weekends if possible. What kind of digging are we talking? Heavy equipment? Or all by hand with a plastic shovel? :D

I have lots of asshole friends, Im sure we would get along! haha

is the bed long enough with the extended cab? I thought about the truck but I would not be comfortable with the bikes strapped in it when I am not around. It would be easy to remove some of the accesories. An econoline with no windows would be really cheap and if you were traveling and staying in a hotel the bike would be cozy inside

Haha, Im sure I could dig. I work 40 hrs a week tho. Im off some days by 1. Im sure I could work a few days a week and always weekends if possible. What kind of digging are we talking? Heavy equipment? Or all by hand with a plastic shovel? :D

I have lots of asshole friends, Im sure we would get along! haha

jackhammer and shovel ...fiberglass!!PM me your #

is the bed long enough with the extended cab? I thought about the truck but I would not be comfortable with the bikes strapped in it when I am not around. It would be easy to remove some of the accesories. An econoline with no windows would be really cheap and if you were traveling and staying in a hotel the bike would be cozy inside

Yea, this is my thought too. I can get an ecoline 250 for about 1500. Regardless, I really want this truck... It makes me happy thinking about it.

1_2002ToyotaTacoma_004.jpg

You know I love my Tacoma, however, the van would save you some coin being able to sleep in it when you hit different locations. You would probably have fun with the van just living out of it whenever you wanted. If your looking to haul a bunch of shit, (leathers, stands, extra tires, etc. I would really say that the van is the smart way to go. Not to mention that everything would be inside and out of sight when you traveled.

My Tacoma is bigger then that one in all aspects as you know but I couldn't see hauling tires, stands, coolers, generators, etc needed for racing around in my truck let alone that one.

Get the van and we can do some work on it to make it the perfect toy hauler.

This is true... Or I could just put ohio-riders.net stickers and ducati of indianapolis stuff on it. Good thoughts. Air mattress for travel! not sure the van I buy will hold up for long trips tho. If I buy one, im gonna buy a city van at an auction. The city does a helluva job with their maintenance!

The only thing with the van would be that its gonna suck on gas and suck to drive everyday. I guess I will have to get a daily and the van? Maybe a older less expensive yota :D

What about the option of getting a decent daily driver and a smaller enclosed trailer.. Kinda the best of both worlds right there..

Get the smaller truck and spend the extra on a smaller enclosed trailer.. 5x8 or something similar.That way you only have bad gas millage while your towing the trailer. Craigslist has a shit-ton of them.

That is really the best way to go. you could probably pick up a super sweet trailer for about 1,500-2K

This is very true, you silly little facker! I cant decide. Damn. Good idea tho. Problem with the trailer is I really dont have a safe place to store it as of now.

Store it at Mommy and daddies...

or for something like $30-50 a month, you can store it at once of those fenced in "You Store It's"