Closing Threads as a control factor is pathetic..

flounder

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont agree with the thread getting closed for people voicing their opinions.

And you all know what thread Im talking about.

Senseless bickering can be done elsewhere. It wasn't related to motorcycles and was between two people and their significant others. The shit can stay between them. Why can't you understand that?

Senseless bickering can be done elsewhere. It wasn't related to motorcycles and was between two people and their significant others. The shit can stay between them. Why can't you understand that?

I can understand it. I just dont agree with someone closing it based on "their own" opinions. Thats kinda long the same lines as fighting, the only difference is you have admin rights and therefore your opinion/options surpass those of others. The board has been growing well in numbers and getting more exposure. If you start closing threads just because you can and dont like something, then thats almost as bad as the arguing because your making your opinion the only right one in all the members minds.

Its just a courtesy thing.. People join to meet others, vent, and harass whether people like it or not. Other boards have 60K plus members but I doubt they got like that by mediating peoples opinions.

Now you have members that are not allowed to potentially come to a resolution on their own because someone cut that option short. You cant make people get along so by cutting off their ability to express opinions, you just cause them to have continued frustration at what was never resolved. Because of that you can be damn sure they will be aggressive towards each other in the next threads they post in.

Im not upset by it, I just dis-agree with closing it.

I can understand it. I just dont agree with someone closing it based on "their own" opinions. Thats kinda long the same lines as fighting, the only difference is you have admin rights and therefore your opinion/options surpass those of others. The board has been growing well in numbers and getting more exposure. If you start closing threads just because you can and dont like something, then thats almost as bad as the arguing because your making your opinion the only right one in all the members minds.

Its just a courtesy thing.. People join to meet others, vent, and harass whether people like it or not. Other boards have 60K plus members but I doubt they got like that by mediating peoples opinions.

Now you have members that are not allowed to potentially come to a resolution on their own because someone cut that option short. You cant make people get along so by cutting off their ability to express opinions, you just cause them to have continued frustration at what was never resolved. Because of that you can be damn sure they will be aggressive towards each other in the next threads they post in.

Im not upset by it, I just dis-agree with closing it.

Well the moderators voted and agreed with closing it. So.... Maybe its you that has the problem? People do NOT sign up on this board to vent and harass others. Actually, quite the opposite. I have a collection of emails from people who left because of that very problem. Show me a large board that allows that kind of crap to continue for four pages. I'm not talking about arguing over which bike is faster or handles better. I'm talking about needless, personal bickering, which is what that thread was full of. Arguing about who makes more money, has more cars/bikes, donates more, has a more meaningful job, etc. Sorry hombre but that shit doesn't belong here.

Flounder, watch your mouth, you may be on your way to getting banned.

Assuming you're being facetious...

Why would I ban him? I've only banned people for one of three reasons:

1. Racist comments

2. Personal threats

3. Spamming

Would you like to see the list of banned users? Here ya go:

2quick4u <-- NinjaNick, banned for personal threats but I let him back on

AortRore <-- I don't even remember who that guy was

HollidayNews <-- spammer

kawifan <-- NinjaNick

Lukaurod <-- spammer

mudshark <-- racist comments, but he's back

opie <-- I think this was one Putty caught

Urelktmna <-- spammer

Well the moderators voted and agreed with closing it.

Actually, quite the opposite. I have a collection of emails from people who left because of that very problem.

Show me a large board that allows that kind of crap to continue for four pages. I'm not talking about arguing over which bike is faster or handles better. I'm talking about needless, personal bickering, which is what that thread was full of. Arguing about who makes more money, has more cars/bikes, donates more, has a more meaningful job, etc. Sorry hombre but that shit doesn't belong here.

If the mods voted on closing it then fine, I think that is respectable that a vote was taken. No need to get your pants in a hissy. Just because I dont agree with it doesnt mean that Im mad about it... once again people need to understand that 98% of the things said on here are not personal attacks.

Just because he hasnt grown since fifth grade doesnt mean that he is still in fifth grade

LOL! Usually I'd lash back....However, that was funny..bitch!

Are you even able to pronounce "Indecorous "? Thats a pretty big word for a 5th grader :D

I'm edumacated....fukstick

I'm edumacated....fukstick

Putty uses this as his dictionary.

www.urbandictionary.com

fukstick

A cross between a Fuckhead and a Dipstick.Or bascically a total moron

Byron you Fukstick !!! Git yer pecker out of yur sister and help me bottle the moonshine !!!

edumacated

another word for educated. Slang.

"Yo, school makes me edumacated!"

Show me a large board that allows that kind of crap to continue for four pages. I'm not talking about arguing over which bike is faster or handles better. I'm talking about needless, personal bickering, which is what that thread was full of.

www.wera.com

Plenty of personal attacks and bickering there....

Just stay outta the Dungeon :D