Just moved to Athens

jsheikh

Just moved to Athens from Dayton. Going to medschool at OU. What are some good roads in this area?!?!... I know there are plenty just haven't had time to explore. So ya let me know and hit me up if anyone wants to ride!!

Welcome to the site , almost anything in this area is not bad if you stay away from the 4 lanes , just a few miles north of Athens and go west into Hocking Hills all kinds of good roads , going east I like to ride 550 when going to Marietta , not bad , smoother ride going East than West bound though .

Are you living with shawn clark? If so I am nick, I met you the other day, I live next door too you. Casper was right that I am down here, however I am not in med school, I am the Doctorate of Physical Therapy program. Hocking Hills will be your best bet for roads.

Hey i live in a town about 35 miles southeast of athens called Belpre. There are some great roads down here. My personal favorite is co rd 26 in Marietta and then 555 Starting in Little Hocking. Let me know if you want to meet up and hit some backroads.

They should be done with the bridge work on freshly paved 356 by this weekend.Link 356 with 691 and you'll have a good ride just 10 miles west of Athens.You can pick up 691 from 33,or pick up 356 from 50.They link together with a one or two mile section of 56.

A couple other roads are pretty good just east of Athens...690 and 144.

All of these roads are only about ten to fifteen miles out of Athens,if you're looking for longer rides,there are dozens of great roads within 50 miles of Athens.

Edited by drc32-0

Are you living with shawn clark? If so I am nick, I met you the other day, I live next door too you. Casper was right that I am down here, however I am not in med school, I am the Doctorate of Physical Therapy program. Hocking Hills will be your best bet for roads.

Oh ok ya... Haha, small world... Sweet man thanks, we should get shawn and a few of buddies town to ride sometime. BTW, my friend is wanting to apply to the PT program here at OU. So if you have any tips or advice let me know and ill forward the info. Once i get specific questions i can go ahead ask you

They should be done with the bridge work on freshly paved 356 by this weekend.Link 356 with 691 and you'll have a good ride just 10 miles west of Athens.You can pick up 691 from 33,or pick up 356 from 50.They link together with a one or two mile section of 56.

A couple other roads are pretty good just east of Athens...690 and 144.

All of these roads are only about ten to fifteen miles out of Athens,if you're looking for longer rides,there are dozens of great roads within 50 miles of Athens.

Cool man thanks for the details and specifics lol... I hardly know the area but i def know what and where you're talkin about. I actually drove through 50 and it wasn't bad, but the road condition didnt seem the best. Im not 100% sure though since i wasnt riding. But i'll def check out those roads/areas when i get a chance.

Hey i live in a town about 35 miles southeast of athens called Belpre. There are some great roads down here. My personal favorite is co rd 26 in Marietta and then 555 Starting in Little Hocking. Let me know if you want to meet up and hit some backroads.

Oh ok ya ive heard of it. For sure, more the merrier.

Oh ok ya... Haha, small world... Sweet man thanks, we should get shawn and a few of buddies town to ride sometime. BTW, my friend is wanting to apply to the PT program here at OU. So if you have any tips or advice let me know and ill forward the info. Once i get specific questions i can go ahead ask you

Yeah I can answer any questions he has. As far as going riding, I don't have a street bike so I am out on that one. If you decide you want to go to the track sometime let me know.