Leaking oil out of bottom cylinder block Dr 650 SE

cbutcher88

I have a 2002 Dr 650 SE that is leaking oil out of the base of the cylinder block. I was told that it is the base gasket by a mechanic but wasnt 100% sure. And if you know a mechanic near westerville that will do it for pretty cheap let me know. Please let me know what you think it might be.

Torque the cylinder or head bolts first, and see if it stops. Or at least slows down.

Whichever bolts, or both, that hold the cylinder to the engine cases.

There isn't much pressure on the bottom side of the piston, so it's kinda weird.

I sort of remember that those type of leaks are vibration related.

Or bad torque, or uneven torque pattern or defective base gasket.

If it's not leaking too bad, it sounds like a Winter project to me.

Yea that's what i was thinking. Its happening to the dr 650 2001-2003 its the shitty gasket that they put on it. They want 420 dollars to fix this bitch which sucks but i guess ill just do it myself or find me a mechanic on here that will fix it for me pretty cheap. Bought this bike 2 months ago and it only has 2700 miles on it and this has to happen to it. If any body knows a great mechanic and is willing to let me learn to do this kind of work let me know.