FCR Suspension?

LoTGoD

Anyone ever used FCR Suspensions? From everything I gather, they are an MX suspension company, but they have a Street/Race listing on their website. I just called them and asked if they could take a look at my Speed Triple setup as I have zero knowledge of suspensions on motorcycles. The guy seemed friendly as heck, and told me to bring it over to him anytime and he'd explain everything to me and have a look at the bike. They are only about 10 minutes up the road from me, so unless anyone has any horror stories, I'm going to head over tomorrow after work and let him take a look at it

http://www.fcrsuspension.com/

Anyone ever used FCR Suspensions? From everything I gather, they are an MX suspension company, but they have a Street/Race listing on their website. I just called them and asked if they could take a look at my Speed Triple setup as I have zero knowledge of suspensions on motorcycles. The guy seemed friendly as heck, and told me to bring it over to him anytime and he'd explain everything to me and have a look at the bike. They are only about 10 minutes up the road from me, so unless anyone has any horror stories, I'm going to head over tomorrow after work and let him take a look at it

http://www.fcrsuspension.com/

Uh, no.

Go to a guy that knows street. MX converted guys are not the best as they do not grasp the way the bike has to work with shorter stroke and different style internals.

It's like saying all plastic is the same. It isn't.

Check out Reuben at 35 Motorsports first choice.

If you want other choices, there are some, but nothing in Columbus...

Uh, no.

Go to a guy that knows street. MX converted guys are not the best as they do not grasp the way the bike has to work with shorter stroke and different style internals.

It's like saying all plastic is the same. It isn't.

Check out Reuben at 35 Motorsports first choice.

If you want other choices, there are some, but nothing in Columbus...

Thanks for the reply. I'm not getting any real work done at this point, just trying to learn what I can about how the adjustments work. He states that he does work on both MX and Street, but more on MX than anything else. Can it hurt to just see what he suggests? I'm not dropping any coin at this point.

I know many guys in the MX world that use Bobs services and they all have great things to say about him. He offers same day service for many things and does great work.

He's getting street stuff worked on. Like asking a diesel mechanic to work on your Porsche... FCR is good for MX. Never questioned that.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not getting any real work done at this point, just trying to learn what I can about how the adjustments work. He states that he does work on both MX and Street, but more on MX than anything else. Can it hurt to just see what he suggests? I'm not dropping any coin at this point.

If you are simply wanting to understand suspension, check out "suspension for mortals" as it is a great read and will assist you in learning the ways of street suspension.

Again, I wouldn't ask a guy what things do outside traditional stuff. He'll tell you what rebound, compression, high speed compression, etc does. That's basic suspension knowledge that you can get from Google... But, if you want more in depth questions answered, seek others...

If you are simply wanting to understand suspension, check out "suspension for mortals" as it is a great read and will assist you in learning the ways of street suspension.

Again, I wouldn't ask a guy what things do outside traditional stuff. He'll tell you what rebound, compression, high speed compression, etc does. That's basic suspension knowledge that you can get from Google... But, if you want more in depth questions answered, seek others...

Brian,

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not planning on anything above learning the basics at this point, and I'm hoping having someone physically show me how rebound, compression, etc. work on my bike. Not specifically tuning anything, but how and what each adjustment does, then I can fine tune them myself over a series of rides.

I hope my location isn't confusing...I'm not in Columbus, but north east in Columbiana, south of Youngstown, near the PA border. :cheers: