fork seals

undr_psi

• 2 months later...
i need to get the fork seals replaced on my bike, as much as i wanna take it to ruben @35 i need the bike done before he can get to it. any recommendations of somewhere local that can do it?

I'm not sure what the question is.. U need the bike done before he can get to it? What do you need done before he can get to it? Rueben can do whatever you need to a bike, and if you need the forks done, take them off and I'll drive them over to him when I go to indy next weekend.

Couple months old now but bump because I need the same thing. I have to believe there's a cheaper place than Iron Pony.

Same goes for you.. Rueben is the best. If you need your forks refreshed I can take your forks or even whole bike (If you wanna pay reuben to do it) so you can get this done asap..

let me know

Andy

Another note to box them up and send them to Reuben. What you get charged at a shop, he can do it all and probably cheaper as his labor rate is cheap and he does a discount for Ohio Rider members... Plus, he'll do it right... Shop guys know ho to - don't get me wrong, but they slap it together and I highly doubt they have the proper know how nor the proper way to do it correctly. If you only knew how many guys who have had fork seals done and within a short period, they are leaking again...

mine are done, i was in the newb hurry..first year on my first street bike i wanted as much seat time as i could. the bike is going to ruben soon,needs a good once over and i think the valves are a little loose, like i said im new to street bikes, ive heard nothing but great things so..

I'm not sure what the question is.. U need the bike done before he can get to it? What do you need done before he can get to it? Rueben can do whatever you need to a bike, and if you need the forks done, take them off and I'll drive them over to him when I go to indy next weekend.

Same goes for you.. Rueben is the best. If you need your forks refreshed I can take your forks or even whole bike (If you wanna pay reuben to do it) so you can get this done asap..

let me know

Andy

Another note to box them up and send them to Reuben. What you get charged at a shop, he can do it all and probably cheaper as his labor rate is cheap and he does a discount for Ohio Rider members... Plus, he'll do it right... Shop guys know ho to - don't get me wrong, but they slap it together and I highly doubt they have the proper know how nor the proper way to do it correctly. If you only knew how many guys who have had fork seals done and within a short period, they are leaking again...

Andy & Brian,

I already have the forks off so it wouldn't be a big deal to pass them off to someone. It's not a track bike or anything crazy, just need new seals and fluid. I have no doubt Reuben is the shit for prepping race bikes, just don't need to pay a premium price for basic street maintenance. But if he's still cheaper than most shops, that's cool too. Any idea on price?

With the ohio riders discount I believe I paid like 150 for new seals and oil on my zx10. Nothng fancy, jst new fork seals and oil. And like I said, he had them done in 3 hrs time. Now when I get my ohlins stuff serviced, the time and cost is gonna be way diff bc I'm upgrading stuff

Andy & Brian,

I already have the forks off so it wouldn't be a big deal to pass them off to someone. It's not a track bike or anything crazy, just need new seals and fluid. I have no doubt Reuben is the shit for prepping race bikes, just don't need to pay a premium price for basic street maintenance. But if he's still cheaper than most shops, that's cool too. Any idea on price?

Don't hold me to it, but 140 or 150 sounds right...

Andy & Brian,

You'll pay almost $160-$240 just in labor guaranteed at a shop. Then, add parts...

Shop labor is $80/hr typically. Reuben is cheaper than that and while he does a bang up job on race bikes, understand the amount of detail and workmanship involved in working on race machines. Now take that attention and detail and put it into your street bike.

Just because he is a "race/track guy" doesn't mean he doesn't do regular street stuff on sportbikes. In fact, he has a slew of street guys that won't take their bikes anywhere else...