Wow... Just wow....

Casper

Nah.. not on a sport bike.. I was supposed to help fly an open cockpit bi-plane cross country last year for a buyer on the west coast but it fell through. The flight would have been a blast and would have taken at least a week due to weather and the fact that it was an antique with no instruments. (no radios, lights, etc. No electrical system at all).The other pilot and I would have been flying through mountain passes and all sorts of crazy stuff and just sleeping under the wings of the plane at whatever little grass airstrip we landed at for the night.

Unfortunately they ended up pulling the wings off and transporting it via flatbed semi.

Im still heartbroken about it.

Anybody else want to do something like this?

http://www.twowheelforum.com/showthread.php?t=21362

That'd be a good time..long trip on sport bike.

I'm planning on doing something similar...Michigan Cross Country Cycle Trail. It's mostly single track woods riding with some roads thrown in the mix too and it's about an 800 mile (5-6 day) trip. Need to get another bike for the dirt first though.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138402

I'd def be up for something like that, I'm betting that the new 1k will be more comfortable than my 750, I was good for about a 3 day weekend, or 1000 miles before it got unbearable. The only thing I couldn't stand was the leg position, and the new gixxers have moveable rearsets so hopefully that'll take care of that.

I'd def be up for something like that, I'm betting that the new 1k will be more comfortable than my 750, I was good for about a 3 day weekend, or 1000 miles before it got unbearable. The only thing I couldn't stand was the leg position, and the new gixxers have moveable rearsets so hopefully that'll take care of that.

You figure the lowest setting is where they would be normally. I don't think they have a lower then stock setting.

I wish Lockhart still had their 360 degree foot pegs. Thos were the Shizzle.

I don't understand why everyone wants to get a different bike for this kind of a thing, i rode my bike down to virginia 2 years ago and had no problem with it. it was about 8-9 hours there and back. it was comfy and fun.

There you go thanks for telling us the truth now.

I just dont have any interest in riding a sportbike for hundereds of miles in gear with a backpack on.. I dont enjoy long straight boring rides.. i can do that in my truck with AC, music, food, etc