www.ElectricEyeImages.com

vw151

The site is still in it's early stages. For instance DNS does not resolve with out the 'www' yet. I'm also in process of setting up some email at the domain. It's been a fun learning experience so far.

Either way, I'm working this winter to get set up to do Event and track day photography next year. I have some things in the works but nothing officially official yet. I've upgraded my DSLR and lenses and plan to add a Canon 100-400 USM IS lens to the arsenal before spring (excellent range for race tracks in daylight). If nothing else I'd like to make enough money to pay for my camera equipment but if it's something that has real earning potential I'll work to grow the business.

Please take a look at the site and let me know what you think and if you have an event you think I could photograph and potentially sell photographs please send me a PM. At this point I really need to get my name out there so you may see me at some of the forum events shooting just for fun.

If nothing else look at the site to see if you are on here. I know at least Yota and Brandon are in some of the photographs.

www.electriceyeimages.com

Edited by vw151

If you're using IIS:

Adding “(electriceyeimages).com” to the host headers in IIS

– go into IIS

– properties of (electriceyeimages).com

– click on the web site tab

– click on the advanced button (for web site identification)

– put in port “80” and the domain name “(electriceyeimages).com” without the www

***edit: Forgot to tell you, site looks good!

I know what an A record is and yes, currently it only has a cname set up.

I'm really familiar with setting up internal DNS but have never owned my own domain.

It's hosted by photoreflect.com, so I probably need to work with them to fine tune the DNS and possibly add an A record at that point. correct?

I'm working out the details of what else I want to do with the domain.

I got electriceyeimages.com and .net

Edited by vw151

Sorry - wasn't trying to bash - was trying to help.

I won't chime in again.

No, I didn't take it that way. Sorry, sometimes text comes off dickish I guess. (or maybe it's just me)

I'd love some DNS advise offline.

I know what an A record is.

and yes, currently it only has a cname set up.

I'm really familiar with setting up internal DNS but have never owned my own domain.

It's hosted by photoreflect.com, so I probably need to work with them to fine tune the DNS and possibly add an A record at that point. correct?

I'm working out the details of what else I want to do with the domain.

I got electriceyeimages.com and .net

No just edit your DNS record to point to whatever photoreflect is using.

No just edit your DNS record to point to whatever photoreflect is using.

well I currently did that with a cname. I am just not sure how to drop the need for www. I was thinking I'd need an A record and to have photoreflect change something on their side, I just haven't made any calls yet.

I'm a network engineer. I understand the network side pretty well but when it gets to the hosting side or website part I'm a little dumb.

jblosser, really man, I didn't mean to be a dick. Come back. :)

Edited by vw151

I'm not sure how PhotoReflect handles it. It's pretty simple under SmugMug. I'm betting PhotoReflect has a Help on pointing your @ to it as well so it and your www sub both resolve correctly.

I assumed that as well. I just set it up a few days ago. I'm still working through that stuff. I'll likely make some more changes this weekend.

• 1 month later...

Well, it's official. Thanks to Matt Carr, I'll be shooting all of Ducati Indy's track days at Putnam this year. If you'd like to come to those track days and buy my photography I'd appreciate it a lot. Pricing is to be determined but it will likely follow the same standards as the other track day photographers out there. There will be per image prices and then an option to buy a CD for 1 day or 2 days if it is a 2 day event.

you can sign up thru the dealer at http://www.indyducati.com/

Maybe it feels more official because I finally pulled the trigger on this bad boy.

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/reviews/canon-ef-100-400mm-f-4.5-5.6-l-is-usm-lens-review.aspx

It'll be my primary track day lens for now. If I don't make much money at the track days I might need to sell the track bike to start covering expenses though until I get on my feet.

I'm still waiting to hear back from Brett at Mid-OH to see if he will let me shoot the PTR days. Hoping to hear back soon.

Edited by vw151

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...