War Against Scientology

Casper

Who really gives a shit? I mean, the media is such a pile of shit anymore. They search and search for stuff to report on. Tom Cruise can believe in whatever religion he wants. Why is that a bad thing that he believes in whatever he believes in so strongly?

I've never seen him try and pursuade a bunch of people that they are going to hell if they don't believe in Jesus Christ. How we forget what the age of "Christianity" brought the world....

Leave him be. He's weird and even a little cooky at times, but who isn't in Hollywood??

whatever....scientologists are crazy anywho. I mean come on, they believe that we are decendants from an alien being!!!! And NOT TO mention all the questionable deaths that have ocured inside the "church" while they re trying to "clense" you.

It some hackers chose them, whatever. Kepps them out of real trouble for noew :)

whatever....scientologists are crazy anywho. I mean come on, they believe that we are decendants from an alien being!!!! And NOT TO mention all the questionable deaths that have ocured inside the "church" while they re trying to "clense" you.

It some hackers chose them, whatever. Kepps them out of real trouble for noew :)

Questionable deaths from Scientology? Again, anyone ever read world history? Yeah, these guys are bad...:rolleyes:

I think they are nut jobs, too, but still and again, it is a free country and who really cares? Why are we concerned whether or not he is so damn into the religion he is? We have people in small towns with religious beliefs that are constantly being pushed on others or they are told they're going to hell. How is that different??

Questionable deaths from Scientology? Again, anyone ever read world history? Yeah, these guys are bad...:rolleyes:

I think they are nut jobs, too, but still and again, it is a free country and who really cares? Why are we concerned whether or not he is so damn into the religion he is? We have people in small towns with religious beliefs that are constantly being pushed on others or they are told they're going to hell. How is that different??

well its been a bit since i read up..but as for the "deaths", look it up. Mutiple deaths at the Clearwater HQ Hotel. People get sick (for real) and then the church tries to heal them inside the church by NOT LETTING ppl leave the hotel, and get medical attention. There are a bunch of stories about ppl NOT being let to leave while sick, or not being able to talk to thier family. Its a CULT, NOT a religion.

Scientology is a CULT made up by a FICTION NOVELIST!!!! Ron L. Hubbard. As you may say its just like all the oter religions, I think that most other religions have been practicing longer than 1965 (or what ever the year was).

As for the Tom Cruise thing, well i dont care either, i never mentioned him or his wife. By the way her family are rich bastards, and her sister is a real bith.

(someone else may have) and since they are devout Catholics, I bet they have been going NUTS about this!!!!! (yes Im from toledo)

I digress. YES its a free country and can worship whatever you want! But its also my right to type here what i think about it. And as abouve, its a CULT not a religion.

imho

.........I've never seen him try and pursuade a bunch of people that they are going to hell if they don't believe in Jesus Christ. How we forget what the age of "Christianity" brought the world....

lol....you must be friends!!!! lol lol

but you are CORRECT on the Christianity thing. "Holy Wars", a song by Megadeth (that IS how they spell it) says it all for me!

"killing for religion.....something I don't understand....holy warssssssss"

Again, you are right - you can type whatever you wish as far as thoughts. However, what time frame does it get to be considered a religion? Is it 10 years? 100 years? 1000 years? Where are the rules that state a religion can only be considered a religion if it has lasted a set amount of years?

think about this. There are MILLIONS of religions in this world. We are used to calling groups like this "cults" because they don't fit into our set views of what religion should be. Is Jewish better or worse than being a Catholic? they don't see eye to eye on beliefs (Jesus for example) so, are they a real religion? Or, is being a Catholic not really being a religion? What, because they are such old religions do we consider them valid? Is it not because people who started this country have dictated what beliefs should be? If so, Judaism is older than Christianity so, it should be regarded as best, right?

Have we considered the Native American way of beliefs? They don't believe in Jesus, they do ceremonious type get togethers and believe in spirits and how they cleanse the body, how they guide their day to day lives, etc. They don't (or, didn't) believe in one god where Judaism, Islam and Christianity are based on a monotheistic (sp?) point of view.

Even though they are similar, Christians were killing people who essentially didn't conform to their way of life. MANY Jews and a TON of Muslims were killed in the name of Christianity. Murdered, actually...

What the Scientologists believe is that they can heal on a different level. They believe in reincarnation, etc. Just because they had people die because they didn't receive medical attention is no different than the Native Americans believe that spirits will cleanse the evil from a body and do not seek modern medicine to "cure" issues. Plus, Scientologists aren't recruiting people to carry out a war to "convince" people to join them or they will be killed...

Cliff notes, for sure, but read up. Time has no bearing on beliefs. A religion isn't a religion just based on a time line. Single or multiple Gods or Spirits are common and have been all through time. Scientology gets a bum rap because it doesn't make sense to a majority of us Americans due to our upbringing...

My beliefs are that I am not convinced about Jesus. I'm almost like the Jews in that I think Jesus was a prophet and not the son of God. I believe there is a single God up there pushing buttons and directing traffic and I think that relgions as seen in other countries that even though they are not Christian based, they have one God that reigns supreme and they believe he is the top ranked guy. How is that really different than Catholics, Jews, Lutherns, etc??? They all have one God they see as supreme. What, our way or the highway???

Carry on. Again, these political discussions only lead to people getting pissed. In teh end, look at it this way - is it really different than what you believe? Do you have 100% proof that your religion is accurate? If you do, please share. Otherwise, just like Tom Cruise, you believe what you feel is right and what you feel you understand. Your beliefs are yours. His are his. He is part of a religion as it is recognized as such all over the world. Here in the US, it is easy to call what we don't accept as a cult...

Again, you are right - you can type whatever you wish as far as thoughts. However, what time frame does it get to be considered a religion? Is it 10 years? 100 years? 1000 years? Where are the rules that state a religion can only be considered a religion if it has lasted a set amount of years?

think about this. There are MILLIONS of religions in this world. We are used to calling groups like this "cults" because they don't fit into our set views of what religion should be. Is Jewish better or worse than being a Catholic? they don't see eye to eye on beliefs (Jesus for example) so, are they a real religion? Or, is being a Catholic not really being a religion? What, because they are such old religions do we consider them valid? Is it not because people who started this country have dictated what beliefs should be? If so, Judaism is older than Christianity so, it should be regarded as best, right?

Have we considered the Native American way of beliefs? They don't believe in Jesus, they do ceremonious type get togethers and believe in spirits and how they cleanse the body, how they guide their day to day lives, etc. They don't (or, didn't) believe in one god where Judaism, Islam and Christianity are based on a monotheistic (sp?) point of view.

Even though they are similar, Christians were killing people who essentially didn't conform to their way of life. MANY Jews and a TON of Muslims were killed in the name of Christianity. Murdered, actually...

What the Scientologists believe is that they can heal on a different level. They believe in reincarnation, etc. Just because they had people die because they didn't receive medical attention is no different than the Native Americans believe that spirits will cleanse the evil from a body and do not seek modern medicine to "cure" issues. Plus, Scientologists aren't recruiting people to carry out a war to "convince" people to join them or they will be killed...

Cliff notes, for sure, but read up. Time has no bearing on beliefs. A religion isn't a religion just based on a time line. Single or multiple Gods or Spirits are common and have been all through time. Scientology gets a bum rap because it doesn't make sense to a majority of us Americans due to our upbringing...

My beliefs are that I am not convinced about Jesus. I'm almost like the Jews in that I think Jesus was a prophet and not the son of God. I believe there is a single God up there pushing buttons and directing traffic and I think that relgions as seen in other countries that even though they are not Christian based, they have one God that reigns supreme and they believe he is the top ranked guy. How is that really different than Catholics, Jews, Lutherns, etc??? They all have one God they see as supreme. What, our way or the highway???

Carry on. Again, these political discussions only lead to people getting pissed. In teh end, look at it this way - is it really different than what you believe? Do you have 100% proof that your religion is accurate? If you do, please share. Otherwise, just like Tom Cruise, you believe what you feel is right and what you feel you understand. Your beliefs are yours. His are his. He is part of a religion as it is recognized as such all over the world. Here in the US, it is easy to call what we don't accept as a cult...

Wow good post.........not about racing!!!!J/K

i knew me saying somthing about the year Ron started this thing, i was gonna get it back...i did....(timeline)

ill make it shorter this time...but read up on scientolgy, i did, maybe you too

And they feel that ANYONE who is not a scientologist is the ENEMY , that is thier wording NOT MINE. They put EFFORT and $$$$ into harassing ppl that make it know npublicly (sp)(ie losing job because of lies proliferated by the church of scientology). I remember something about a reporter (i think) gettin harrased because she wrote stories against scientology. I think she was the one that only got fired, maybe rougher stuff too, cant remember all that stuff from when i read about it.

And you do have me on the diff religions, but after READING about it, from BOTH sides, i feel that it doesnt come even CLOSE to a religion, just a really big cult. And last time i knew, i would think that withholding medical attention no matter what the beliefs would be criminal. The indians today have land that the US govt can not mess with, so if they want to let someone die for religion, then they can, we cant say shit, but a HOTEL in clearwater Fla (homebase for scientology), i think that the US can step in on that one. And from what I have also read, they will NOT LET YOU leave in that situation (kiddknapping charges have been filed in a few situations (i would haveto re read all that shit to be 100% sure but i recall something about it, you can call me a lier) :)

And as for the one god thing. Shit man the Scientologist god is $$$$$, thats all. Which is fine, this IS america, but dont bullshit ppl about it.

you are right on the "argueing about religion bit and ppl gettin out of hand. But as for what i believe or what you believe, that really didnt matter to me, this was a logical disscusion about a cult (IMO). And I tried to keep my beliefs OUT of this disscusion. Maybe I should have tried harder :)

I can "banter" about this for awhile...making my post count go up!! :) lol ...and exercising my brain all at the same time lol

Wow good post.........not about racing!!!!J/K

now now....this thread ISNT about racing :).

..at least Lizard can discuss things in a logical manner instead of gettin personal or demeaning(SP) about it...unlike a bunch off ppl here (not talking about you Angrish, others) :)

now now....this thread ISNT about racing :).

..at least Lizard can discuss things in a logical manner instead of gettin personal or demeaning(SP) about it...unlike a bunch off ppl here (not talking about you Angrish, others) :)

We can talk racing - anyone realize Keith Code is a Scientologist??

Just a little food for thought...

Oh, and 420 - it's all good. It's a debate of sorts and it is good that we keep it "middle of the road". Debate is healthy. I actually try and provoke others to defend themselves when I argue so that I can hopefully learn something. You seem to be well versed in this so, it has been educational to a degree. Opinions are always going to be laced into ANY debate. It's good to...

Now, about the racing... Hmmmmmm... Catholics suck at road racing! That should start something!!:p