Dangerous Things

chevysoldier

I get the message, but his examples and delivery are pretty sophomoric (esp. the machine gun at the fast food restaurant example). And 'self-regulation' also isn't an effective technique all the time... as shown by the recent economic collapse.

It's funny how he advocates personal responsibility, but people will still be idiots and while it's great that "the buck stops with them" -- what about the people they've injured or killed. Yea, they're responsible and have to deal with the 'punishment', but they're still alive.

He also uses the slippery slope argument... which is a logical fallacy.

Plus his political money pull for the NRA, for "freedom"... c'mon, really?

I wonder if 'Nutnfancy' has kids of his own and what kind of goobers they are (or aren't).

• Upvote 1

I get the message, but his examples and delivery are pretty sophomoric (esp. the machine gun at the fast food restaurant example). And 'self-regulation' also isn't an effective technique all the time... as shown by the recent economic collapse.

It's funny how he advocates personal responsibility, but people will still be idiots and while it's great that "the buck stops with them" -- what about the people they've injured or killed. Yea, they're responsible and have to deal with the 'punishment', but they're still alive.

He also uses the slippery slope argument... which is a logical fallacy.

Plus his political money pull for the NRA, for "freedom"... c'mon, really?

I wonder if 'Nutnfancy' has kids of his own and what kind of goobers they are (or aren't).

It's funny that you replied with what you did. I thought a lot of the same things and figured you would be one of a couple to point them out.

Maybe since I dont have children, I look at the world just for me. So I alot of decisions are pretty easy for me. I dont have to figure out safe places for the kids to play, or school systems, or how to explain and teach values to kids. I just kinda roll with it