spam/bot registrations

Casper

So, I've had a huge problem with spammers and bots registering on the site lately. Like, 30-50 per day. It's annoying as hell since unlike most sites, I delete the spam/bot users instead of just banning them so they add to the users count. So, I put captcha in place. That did little to nothing to stop the bastards. So I added math problems. That did little to nothing. You know what has worked insanely well? "What state borders Ohio to the West?". Not one bot has made it through. Awesome. Just figured I'd share.

So, I've had a huge problem with spammers and bots registering on the site lately. Like, 30-50 per day. It's annoying as hell since unlike most sites, I delete the spam/bot users instead of just banning them so they add to the users count. So, I put captcha in place. That did little to nothing to stop the bastards. So I added math problems. That did little to nothing. You know what has worked insanely well? "What state borders Ohio to the West?". Not one bot has made it through. Awesome. Just figured I'd share.

how many people from ohio do you think get that wrong?