Ohio Mini Roadracing League's (formally OYL) 2011 Race Schedule!

fireman_343

Okay, many people here know that I help run the mini roadracing league here in Ohio. We changed our name from the Ohio YSR League (OYL) to the Ohio Mini Roadracing League (OMRL). :D

We have a new website also: www.ohiominiroadracingleague.com

It is a working process and a few pages are not up or updated yet, but the main stuff is there and we have our 2011 race schedule posted on it as well.

Here is our race dates posted below as well:

April 17th CRP Sunday

April 30th -CRP Saturday

May 21st-CRP Saturday

June 11th-BeaveRun Saturday

July 16th-CRP Saturday

August 7th-BeaveRun Sunday (Eastern Mini Championship race)

September 11th-CRP Sunday

September 25th-CRP Sunday

October 15th-CRP Saturday

Check out our rules section, we have a few new classes that I'm sure a lot of people will like. Our new class last year was the Stock XR100 Only class, it was a huge hit and is a VERY easy and CHEAP way to get on the track and keep your skills up!

We have a family friendly atmosphere and everyone is at the track to just have a fun/safe day with friends and family.

Racing for all ages 8-80! We offer free track coaching for anyone (kids or adults) and all new members will receive track coaching first time racing with us during practice. We have seen many kids go from racing minis with us to racing and winning on RS125's, Kawi 250's, and even 600's! Rossi, Hayden, Spies and many other top roadracers started racing on mini's when they were kids!

If anyone wants or needs anymore info, please contact me at; rdracer4@hotmail.com

Hope to see some new faces at the track this year! :D

BeaveRun20089.jpg

Edited by fireman_343
spelling error

Oh.. forgot to add this!

We also have a few Stock XR100's to rent for anyone that wants to try this out! (Prices on that will be posted soon).

Also, we loan out leathers for free! (sizes will be posted soon)

Only thing you need are boots, helmet and gloves!

Oh.. forgot to add this!

We also have a few Stock XR100's to rent for anyone that wants to try this out! (Prices on that will be posted soon).

Cant wait to get back to racing wiht you guys. XR class should be super fun.

Now get your ass to the lake tomorrow

We are on Facebook now...

If you have a facebook account, "like" our page. You will get updates on race dates, social events, photo's etc.. Just another tool to use for us to get our name out and possibly gain more members in the future! I know a lot of people check facebook more then the forum, so this will help keep everyone in the "loop" with what is going on with the club!

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Ohio-Mini-Roadracing-League/123713061031618

Or search Ohio Mini Roadracing League

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i was looking at ur site and think my son would love to see this in action. I couldnt find any info on the rental minis though....also, do you rent leathers as well? I would hate to have to buy a set for my son and then find out he doesnt like to ride them. Just a though. Thanks

i was looking at ur site and think my son would love to see this in action. I couldnt find any info on the rental minis though....also, do you rent leathers as well? I would hate to have to buy a set for my son and then find out he doesnt like to ride them. Just a though. Thanks

The area on the website with the rental info is here: http://www.ohiominiroadracingleague.com/services

That area hasn't been updated yet, because we are still trying to figure out what size leathers we have to loan out and what bikes we will be using... More then likely, they will be xr100's. We don't currently have NSR and NSF's for rent... Unless a club member lets you ride their bike.

We do not have leathers in kids sizes (yet). The whole rental thing is still very new for us and we are going to test it out with XR's first and if we can afford a roadracing style bike to rent out, I'll buy it along with some kids leathers.

Your best bet is to sign up on our forum and ask if anyone has any leathers you can use for your son. We have a lot of kids that are in our club that have raced with us for years and just moved up to racing RS125's and Kawi 250's.. So, they might have some old gear sitting around.

How old is your son??

Edited by fireman_343

i have my XR100 now. after a little wrenching on it to make it track worthy, I'll get a hold of you

yayyyy more racing

Sweet!!! The XR100 only class is going to have a huge grid this season!!! If u need any help with the motor, let me know!!

See ya at the track!

The area on the website with the rental info is here: http://www.ohiominiroadracingleague.com/services

That area hasn't been updated yet, because we are still trying to figure out what size leathers we have to loan out and what bikes we will be using... More then likely, they will be xr100's. We don't currently have NSR and NSF's for rent... Unless a club member lets you ride their bike.

We do not have leathers in kids sizes (yet). The whole rental thing is still very new for us and we are going to test it out with XR's first and if we can afford a roadracing style bike to rent out, I'll buy it along with some kids leathers.

Your best bet is to sign up on our forum and ask if anyone has any leathers you can use for your son. We have a lot of kids that are in our club that have raced with us for years and just moved up to racing RS125's and Kawi 250's.. So, they might have some old gear sitting around.

How old is your son??

Sounds good. I'll definitely check it out. He's 9 now and we are starting him on the back of my street bike this year, but we really wants his own dirt or mini bike.

• 1 month later...

First race of the season is tomorrow!! Going to be a nice day to have the season opener! Come down to Circleville Raceway Park (CRP) and either join in on the fun or come and watch! Good times for the whole family!!

See ya at the track!

DSC07996.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay, 3rd race of the season is this Saturday!! The weather is going to be perfect!! If you have a 50-200cc bike, come out and race with us! You will not find a cheaper place to have this much fun on 2 wheels!!! If you never raced with us in the past, your first race is FREE!! Can't get any better then that!! If you need leathers or want to try this out, we have bikes for rent and leathers to use for free

e063561d.jpg

Have you raced before?? That is a F1 only bike and we do not allow beginner/novice to race in that class. It is a safety thing, since that is our fastest class! But, I'll allow a new guy to race in that class if u can do at least a .56/57sec lap around CRP and have good lines! Guys racing in that class are turning .51's!!

Not saying you are a bad rider, but new guys in the past made it a really unsafe track for the experts. Unless we can get 4 or more new riders for F1, then you would have your own novice race.

Edited by fireman_343

Have you raced before?? That is a F1 only bike and we do not allow beginner/novice to race in that class. It is a safety thing, since that is our fastest class! But, I'll allow a new guy to race in that class if u can do at least a .56/57sec lap around CRP and have good lines! Guys racing in that class are turning .51's!!

Not saying you are a bad rider, but new guys in the past made it a really unsafe track for the experts. Unless we can get 4 or more new riders for F1, then you would have your own novice race.

never raced at a track before.

Well, u can still come down, and run it in the practice, when we are on lunch and after the races. It will only cost ya $8 to get in and maybe $15 to ride after our races. It will give ya a feel for what we are like and get ya out on the track. I can have a few of my trainers show ya around the track, give ya pointers etc... You'll still have a blast.