Ar15

GSXRBirch

I believe WaltherGSP is buying everything from scratch. match Barrel, upper, BCG, lower, trigger, tube, stock. etc. Between that and shipping from all the different places it doesnt take long to rack up 1500+ before optics. Still a drop in the bucket when it comes to something custom he will have when he is done.

I feel his pain considering my new LR build is making my wallet beyond sick... Beegreen, you understand a bit considering you know how much just the optics cost that I will be running on it. :);)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe WaltherGSP is buying everything from scratch. match Barrel, upper, BCG, lower, trigger, tube, stock. etc. Between that and shipping from all the different places it doesnt take long to rack up 1500+ before optics. Still a drop in the bucket when it comes to something custom he will have when he is done.

I feel his pain considering my new LR build is making my wallet beyond sick... Beegreen, you understand a bit considering you know how much just the optics cost that I will be running on it. :);)

Hell another grand and I could've had that 338LM or 300 Hulk I've been thinking about. OR a new trackbike.

What the hell did you order?

Sundevil Billet Upper/Lower

Gieselle SD-E Trigger

WOA SDM barrel (20", wylde chamber, 7 twist)

PRS Stock

Larue BCG

VTAC TRX Extreme Hanguard

Badger gas block

Larue bipod mount/harris bipod

Larue SPR-S scope mount

Misc AR components

1 patridge + 1 pair tree

And lets not kid ourselves here, by summer I'll have an SWR, AAC or Shark suppressor in the works for it.

Hell another grand and I could've had that 338LM or 300 Hulk I've been thinking about.

No you couldnt. Youre forgetting that there is over $1000 just in gunsmithing charges with a custom bolt gun.

Action Truing

Chambering,

Threading + thread Protector

Muzzlebreak + Timing to the barrel

Bedding

Painting

etc,. etc.

Not to mention the base components like stocks, actions, barrels, etc. are much more expensive, and lets not forget new brass, new dies, new bullets, new powder. etc, etc. It gets nasty allot quicker then you would think. It hurts just thinking about it. :(

Sundevil Billet Upper/Lower

Gieselle SD-E Trigger

WOA SDM barrel (20", wylde chamber, 7 twist)

PRS Stock

Larue BCG

VTAC TRX Extreme Hanguard

Badger gas block

Larue bipod mount/harris bipod

Larue SPR-S scope mount

Misc AR components

1 patridge + 1 pair tree

Fleshlight

And lets not kid ourselves here, by summer I'll have an SWR, AAC or Shark suppressor in the works for it.

WTF on the item in bold.

I thought about reloading my rounds but working 7 days a week and the time I'm home im with the kids, just don't have time but thinking when I get my ar im gonna have to start. When I go to the range with the XD(M)40 I go thru a few hundred rounds so it would be a great idea to start reloading.

I thought about reloading my rounds but working 7 days a week and the time I'm home im with the kids, just don't have time but thinking when I get my ar im gonna have to start. When I go to the range with the XD(M)40 I go thru a few hundred rounds so it would be a great idea to start reloading.

Time to put a progressive reloader on the work bench! I have been reloading with my son since he was 5. He's now 11. If I'd allow him to do it by himself, he could whip up rounds with the best of them. What I'm getting at is your kids are sponges for information and its a lifetime learned skill. If they are at all interested, share a little time at the bench with them. I actually kept the first 50 shells of .357 he primed for me 6yrs ago......I found them in the safe a few weeks ago. Was kinda cool.

Instead of editing the last post....If you do decide to do some re-loading, do the single stage route first so you can get your basics down....Its much easier to get the ball rolling with a progressive if you've got the single stage dialed in..

Yeah no kidding... so how is your new bike I mean gun coming along... :D (inside joke since you damn near are going to have that much in it)

Everything is ordered or arrrived

Optics order is going out today. - Edit. Vortex Order just placed. :)

The stock, barrel, action and scope rail were ordered in December

Bipod, front bipod rail, and rings were ordered last week.

Waiting on the 7mm mandrels for the KM neck turner so that I can measure and turn the necks of the new brass. (If needed)

Trigger is on my reloading bench.

Powder, Redding Dies + VLD seaters, Brass, and Bullets are already in.

200 pieces of Lapua 6.5-284 Brass were necked up from 6.5 to 7 last week.

Just waiting on the main components to arrive to start assembly. Probably about 1 month yet - Hopefully. :) :)

Edited by flounder

i am not questioning your ability but you did get 35mm rings, right?

Yup.. 35mm American Rifle Company Rings - Best rings on the market IMO.. FYI, I actually ended up getting the EBR2 reticle and not the EBR-2B. I was a bit concerned about numbers right next to the tree for elevation holds on the 2B.

http://americanrifle.com/scope_rings/default.asp

MainScope-Gen2.jpg

Edited by flounder

flounder it sounds like it will be a beast, is this the scope you are going to use?

http://swfa.com/Vortex-5-20x50-Razor-HD-35mm-Rifle-Scope-P42753.aspx

Yeah, but that is the reticle I am getting he is getting the EBR-1 I think? I do not believe he was getting that one. Same basic scope though.

And trust me, I know he is not that big of a dumbass, but you would laugh when I tell you how many get turned back in damaged becuase a guy that is "so called, not that big of a dumbass" tries to put that monster in 30mm rings. The one was a former sniper in the SEALS... who just did not pay attention.

flounder it sounds like it will be a beast, is this the scope you are going to use?

http://swfa.com/Vortex-5-20x50-Razor-HD-35mm-Rifle-Scope-P42753.aspx

Yes that is the scope and reticle Im getting. I ordered the EBR-2 reticle in mine.

If you want detailed specs on the scope.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-razor-hd-5-20x50-riflescope-with-ebr-2-mrad-reticle

Check out the vortex scopes and see if there is anything you like. If you find something, let me know and I'll get you a price. My buddy is a dealer for them.