Well, after 206k miles on my bike..... I think the time has come...

thirdgenlxi

...To FINALLY do my first freakin' trackday already!!! :D Time to see what the ol' girl's still got in her..... hopefully she doesn't blow up, hahah

But yea, some arm twisting was involved by my buddy being I wasn't planning on doing any trackdays until later this summer, but it was really too good of a deal to pass up. Basically a free trackday, it's pretty much just gonna cost me gas to get there and back (1400 mi round trip), and my buddy offered to help out with gas even just cuz he wants me to get out on the track with him so bad, lol. I've just gotta work tech/registration/whatever the dude running the trackday (a buddy of mine) needs help with for a little bit to cover the cost of the trackday, then the rest of the day is mine.

I must say, I'm pretty excited! Should be a good time :banana: Doing it at Palm Beach Int'l Raceway in West Palm Beach, FL on the 20th of this month. I'm gonna feel like a n00b all over again!

• Upvote 1

wait there's a track down in west palm?!

this opens up many new possibilities and many reasons to go down there moar often.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

oh, and i think it's batshit crazy you have 204K miles on your bike. that is amazing!

• 2 weeks later...

Ohhh man.... yea I'm hooked. They weren't joking when they said one hit of the trackpipe was all it took! LOL Must..... have...... more...

Seriously I had so much fun.... learned a whole lot and had a great time in the process. I think I'll be back, hahah. I may have alot of street experience but this was something totally new, so I'm back to being a total n00b again and in learning mode. I was slow and my body positioning was horrid (they said I had the lines down great though), but hey that's what trackdays are for, to learn, right? I got lots of help from other people at the track and by the end of the day had already made some good improvements

13a96a48.jpg

Not much as I didn't push it too hard on a sport touring tire, but still had fun and got a few dingleberries.... ol' girl has still got some spunk (she ran great & didn't miss a beat all day!)

013d9b76.jpg

9eaf18be.jpg

16a8d2b4.jpg

72551930.jpg

More pics to follow later on... I'm off to pass out, lol.... I am beyond exhausted, lol. As if the trackday itself didn't make me sore enough, sitting in my car for 700 more miles back home the next day definitely didn't help any, hahah

congrats!!!

the first track day is a beautiful thing.

terrifying, exhilarating, the world slows down, and at the same time speeds up to impossible levels. every corner, you wonder "how can I POSSIBLY get any lower to the ground without being on my ass?!" and somehow, the next corner, you do... and the next, and again and again and again.

and if you hadn't already done it on the street (like a squid boss), the first time the puck hits the ground... everything changes. cause that's when you realize you're literally JUST starting to scratch the surface.

welcome to the addiction.

Edited by jbot

Just wait until your 2nd or 3rd track day. Those tires will look like a budding Ben Spies was on your bike. I got hooked last year and did 3 days. It will be at least that again this year.

You better get a second job because you're gonna need it now! LOL!

glad you liked it. Can I please direct ANYONE who thinks they're a great rider, but hasn't done a trackday to you?

204,000 miles (and who knows how many more on other bikes) of street riding, and 1 trackday makes you feel like a total newb again. I want to sky-write that over the next QSL bike night.

welcome to the addiction.