Had some really awesome fun this weekend in CA...

Moto-Brian

KTM had us come out this weekend to CA to have a little fun and try out our new Adventures and RC8Rs...

Friday was an epic ride through the Devil's Staircase and the Cleveland National Forest. We ran mostly single lane roads that were gravel on pavement and some spots of heavy sand. Loads of jumps and woop style runs.

When I say we were hauling the mail, we were probably going fast enough to cause some serious issues if we overcook a turn and ran off the cliffs. We were up high enough that Lake Elsinore looked like a pond.

I can't remember the miles, but it was a day long trip and we only stopped for lunch. We pulled over at times to get the group back together, but most of the guys are pretty competent and we didn't stop long.

Here's a shot of our bikes sitting at a Biker Bar we stopped at lunch. 12 riders in total.

img00007201102111249.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Saturday (today), we were running at Fontana. We got to test and ride the 2011 RC8R. Pretty damn cool. The track isn't what I would call the best I have been. Kind of like racing in a parking lot. Not a big fan...

We were running the US version of the Dunlop Q2 - called the SportSmart. Not the best tire for sure. Were getting greasy fast and spun a ton. But, it was a blast.

Here's the 20 RC8Rs we had to choose from:

img00010201102121442.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Tomorrow, we have dealers coming to ride the bikes so, we are just hanging out and helping out. But, pretty damn cool to have our company bring us out to ride what we sell in a manner that is not typical of what they are usually put through.

So much secksiness in that bottom pic.

You should see them in person. This year's glossy paint is SIIIIICK!

The bike has refinements, but feels like we did a bunch of major cganges. I know that it sounds corporate, but they are really good.

Put it this way, Ty Howard was about 5 seconds slower than Toye - local AMA guy. Ty and I were on bone stock bikes with less than ideal tires and Toye was on his AMA BMW...

We had the new RS version, but we weren't allowed to ride it as the bike was tested by RRW Thusday and we didn't have anymore...