lowering a XR650L

Beegreenstrings

Anyone ever done it? I have been pondering selling it to buy the cbr929rr that I was going to buy in the first place (before the thunder chicken). Anyway. The fiance wants to ride. What would be better for her than that. I would be confident, that it would never let her down and it would be good for her to ride that and keep it when she moves on to something else instead of buying a gz250 or something similar. I love the bike to begin with so it would be fine to keep it.

Anyone who has had one knows they are tall in the seat. I have seen the lowering link for them at Iron-penial-unit... and have pondered getting it for her anyway.

just curious.

My fiance is taking intrest in my XR650L. She can just barely reach the ground now as it is, figured if I put a new link on it and drop it about a 1.5"-2" she would be good to go.

I was going to sell it, but hell I never wanted to get rid of it to begin with. One of the reasons I stayed high on the price.

sounds like a match made in heaven! i wish i started on a dual sport. dont get me wrong, the ex500 is not a bad choice for a starter bike, but dual sports are just that much bettererer depending on what kind of riding you want to do.

congrats on getting your woman to ride. i'm trying to break my gf in with a scooter. gotta start with just the tip, dontcha know

• Upvote 1

gotta start with just the tip, dontcha know

:lol: bwahahahhahahahhaaa

Funny stuff!

She rode my 400ex and my 450R quad so she understands the clutch thing already. The two wheels is what is going to take the time. When I purchased a Cr250 a few years back to flip-it she wanted a cr125. I was like I dont think you are ready for that. :D

It will be interesting to see how she does. I think the dual sport is a perfect match. If she downs it, it's a easy fix for the most part.:rolleyes: