Deka batteries

cmh_sprint

Has anyone used or know anything about Deka batteries (ETX12)? I need to put a new battery in the bike and they got some good press on Triumphrat.net. I did a search and the only mention on here was a car battery.

Don't know about motorcycle batteries but I knew several people that worked for Deka when I lived in Reading Pa, and swore by the car and truck batteries they made. The plant was local so it was nice to say it is made in USA and supported the economy in the area. Don't know how much was company coolaid. The battery I had in my Oldsmobile was a Deka and was going strong for 8 years before I sold the car. Certainly can't say to expect that from all of them.

Only place i have ever seen them branded as Deka is in a electric towmotor......i suggest shorai lithium ion batteries

If you're going to get a new batt anyway, I'd go the lithium ion route. MUCH smaller footprint, saves a ton of weight, and not nearly as much dicking around with a battery tender.