Raging Against Self Defense: A Psychiatrist Examines The Anti-Gun Mentality

chevysoldier

Raging Against Self Defense

If I were to summarize this article in three sentences, they would be:

(1) People who identify themselves as "victims" harbor excessive amounts of rage at other people, whom they perceive as "not victims."

(2) In order psychologically to deal with this rage, these "victims" utilize defense mechanisms that enable them to harm others in socially acceptable ways, without accepting responsibility or suffering guilt, and without having to give up their status as "victims."

(3) Gun owners are frequently the targets of professional victims because gun owners are willing and able to prevent their own victimization.

http://www.vcdl.org/new/raging.htm

Now, find it written by a credible source... www.therighter.com doesn't exist, and I bet this Sarah Thompson "MD" never did either.

Or you could just read it for what it is...an article someone wrote. I didn't post it because of the person who wrote it, or what site it's on, or whether the original site (still) exists or if the person who wrote it is really Sarah Thomson or someone used a pen name. You can read it or not. I don't care. None of those things change the fact that when you clicked the link, words were in front of your face to read if you wanted to.

Or you could just read it for what it is...an article someone wrote. I didn't post it because of the person who wrote it, or what site it's on, or whether the original site (still) exists or if the person who wrote it is really Sarah Thomson or someone used a pen name. You can read it or not. I don't care. None of those things change the fact that when you clicked the link, words were in front of your face to read if you wanted to.

That's a pretty ignorant thing to say. It's all about the presentation.

Telling you that "cognitive scientists have shown Republicans have mental deficiencies" is different than telling you that "Joe, my neighbor that votes Democrat, discovers Republicans are mentally deficient."

They're just words, but when you try to bring any sense of clout to your argument and it's not true -- it's pretty ineffectual when people realize you're intentionally trying to mislead them by disguising an opinion piece as a scholarly article with "facts and studies and analysis" that never existed. :nono: Check the citations too... a lot of them are non-existent as well.

Edited by JRMMiii

WHOIS information for therighter.com :

[Querying whois.verisign-grs.com]

[Redirected to whois.godaddy.com]

[Querying whois.godaddy.com]

[whois.godaddy.com]

The data contained in GoDaddy.com, Inc.'s WhoIs database,

while believed by the company to be reliable, is provided "as is"

with no guarantee or warranties regarding its accuracy. This

information is provided for the sole purpose of assisting you

in obtaining information about domain name registration records.

Any use of this data for any other purpose is expressly forbidden without the prior written

permission of GoDaddy.com, Inc. By submitting an inquiry,

you agree to these terms of usage and limitations of warranty. In particular,

you agree not to use this data to allow, enable, or otherwise make possible,

dissemination or collection of this data, in part or in its entirety, for any

purpose, such as the transmission of unsolicited advertising and

and solicitations of any kind, including spam. You further agree

not to use this data to enable high volume, automated or robotic electronic

processes designed to collect or compile this data for any purpose,

including mining this data for your own personal or commercial purposes.

Please note: the registrant of the domain name is specified

in the "registrant" field. In most cases, GoDaddy.com, Inc.

is not the registrant of domain names listed in this database.

Registrant:

Sarah Thompson

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: THERIGHTER.COM

Domain servers in listed order:

NS17.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

NS18.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

For complete domain details go to:

http://who.godaddy.com/whoischeck.aspx?Domain=THERIGHTER.COM

Notice the copyright information and who she worked with.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4ea_1258769617

In the past few weeks we have seen the untimely demise of two crucial partners in the fight to restore our Constitutional rights. TWO in the past month! Sarah Thompson, the Executive Director of the Utah Gun Owners Alliance (UTGOA) called it quits last month. And just last week Citizens of America – a national no-compromise gun rights campaign – announced it was ceasing operations.

http://www.armedfemalesofamerica.com/takingaim/mostgunowners.htm