Spray paint hardener???

fireman_343

I just got done painting my race bike and i think one of the paints I used is oil based?? It looks good but even after letting it sit for 48+hrs, it is still tacky.. And that's even after hitting it with the clear coat spray stuff for bikes from Pony!

Anyone use a hardener on their bodywork and Tank??

Now I wish I would of just had Paul paint it, but I need it for this weekend! Lol

I just got done painting my race bike and i think one of the paints I used is oil based?? It looks good but even after letting it sit for 48+hrs, it is still tacky.. And that's even after hitting it with the clear coat spray stuff for bikes from Pony!

Anyone use a hardener on their bodywork and Tank??

Now I wish I would of just had Paul paint it, but I need it for this weekend! Lol

You could try that quick dry stuff for oil paintings. Any art supply place would have it. I think Columbus State's bookstore carries it too.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, you definately need hardener in paint or it scratches wwwaaayyyy to easy and takes forever to dry. You can even mix it with rust-o-lium which works great, but can't spray it unless you have a cup gun (worth the effort). If it was still tacky, you should have never sprayed another coat on it, now it will take forever to dry.

• 2 years later...