A lead-in to the weekend chuckle...

buells3rider

A young guy from Minnesota moved to Florida and goes to a big "everything under one roof" sporting goods store, asking who to see about a job. He's told to wait and a manager will speak to him. After a few minutes, an older guy in a suit walks out.

The Manager asks "Do you have any sales experience?"

The kid says, "Yeah. I was a salesman back in Minnesota."

"What did you sell?"

"All kinds of stuff."

"Stuff?!"

"Yeah... stuff."

They talk for a little while, and the boss likes the looks of the kid and figures he's personable but is a little concerned about his ambiguous job experience, so he decides to give him a job on a short-trial basis and says "You start tomorrow, and I'll come down after we close and see how you do. No promises, though, Ok?"

The kid agrees, picks up a store shirt, and goes home.

His first day on the job was rough, but he got through it, and after the store was locked up, the boss came down.

"How many customers bought something from you on your first day?"

"One".

The boss clammers, "ONE?! You know our sales people at this location average on a SLOW day 20 to 30 customers, but you had "JUST ONE". And how much was your JUST ONE sale for?"

The kid replies, "$101,237.65."

Agast, the boss asks, "What the fuck?! $101,237.65? What did you sell?''

"Well, first, I sold him a small fishhook. Then I sold him a medium fishhook. Then I sold him a larger fishhook. Then I sold him a large treblehook. Then I asked him what he was fishing for, and he said 'Marlins'. I told him his Zebco wouldn't reel a fish that big in, so I sold him a new deep-sea rod and reel. Then I asked him where he was going fishing for Marlins, and he said 'down the coast'. I told him in those ocean currents he was going to need a boat, so we went down to the boat department and I sold him a twin engine Chris Craft. Then he said he didn't think his Honda Civic would pull it, so I took him down to the automotive department and sold him that 4X4 Eddie Bauer Expedition in the middle of the store."

Shocked, and fearful that his customers were being taken advantage of, the boss says in a sarcastic tone, "So a guy came in here to buy a fish hook, and you sold him FOUR hooks, a new rod and reel, a BOAT, and our FLOOR MODEL SUV?!"

"No," replies the kid, "the guy came in to buy Tampons for his wife, and I told him 'Dude, your weekend's shot - you might as well go fishing'."