Sennheiser HD650 - $325 obo

alienpi

• 3 weeks later...

i'm thinking of buying these for my gf since she made me a company logo (and business cards) and didn't expect payment... or did she?!?! now i'm not so sure of her intentions....

what i'm sure of is i'm too much of a cheap bastard to buy new ones for her. MUAHAHAHAHA

These have just been shipped.

Thanks again jbot!

By the way, I may have some more audio gear for sale in the future. Looking to upgrade my Magnepans and maybe cd player. I have some white, with black rails, MG12s with the box, and a Music Hall CD25 (with significant modifications), the HDCD version.

Edited by alienpi
Added by the way. :-)

thaaaanx braahhh

i'm going to try them out first and if i like them, i will keep them for myself and get the girl friend a new kitchen utensil of some kind instead. or i will give them to her, pretend i paid full price, then somehow use that excuse to buy new speakers or a gun or something. we all win! hurray

thaaaanx braahhh

i'm going to try them out first and if i like them, i will keep them for myself and get the girl friend a new kitchen utensil of some kind instead. or i will give them to her, pretend i paid full price, then somehow use that excuse to buy new speakers or a gun or something. we all win! hurray

Remember they haven't been broke in yet (probably at about 95% of their potential clarity), so you may have to "try them out" for 50+ hours before they unveil their true potential. http://hd650.net/

Enjoy.

Hey,can I call first dibs on the Magnepans?

Sure, I will part with these now for $700. The price may change once I get my new speakers. They are mint condition from a non-smoking home, and sound absolutely amazing. I have the original box, manual, fuses/resistors that came with them.

For those that don't know about Magnepan MG12s, they may not be adequately powered by some receivers; they require a 4-ohm capable power source.

Saw all the responses and was hoping jbot backed out.

Sorry, for your loss. There are a lot of headphones to consider these days. You might want to check out the HD598 ($250) to get close for half the price. But in the end, there is nothing quite like the HD650s, that I've heard.

I would recommend the AKG K702s, but you'll have to spend twice as much money on a high quality headphone amplifier, high resolution source, and good interconnects, to get results similar to the HD650 from a normal source. And even then the sound is really subjective. Some people have preferred the HD650 to the HD800, so it comes down to what kind of sound you're looking for. The AKG K702s have a somewhat Magnepan like sound when properly powered.

Edited by alienpi
Added links

• 4 months later...