RIP Eric Houston (Throttlehead)

Casper

Ok here's the deets from the first post. I know where Chrisz place is but don't know the addy for others. Someone please post it up.

Well I guess there is a change of plans... Chris said most aren't riding because of the rain, so they're just meeting at the funeral home. A few are meeting at Chris' beforehand to drink and watch some racing. So, if you know where Chris lives and you want to go there beforehand, go for it. I'll probably be there. If you want to go to Chris' but don't know where he lives, shoot me a PM. He asked I not post the address. Otherwise, just meet at the funeral home.

• 5 months later...

RIP Eric. I never got the chance to meet you however I have great news! I own your 998 Ducati now. I will keep it nice and respect just like you would have. Long story how I got a hold of this sweet bike but if anyone knows that if Eric has the old parts or extra keys or manuals for this bike let me know. It would help me out with the restoring part of this bike.

Jon

RIP Eric. I never got the chance to meet you however I have great news! I own your 998 Ducati now. I will keep it nice and respect just like you would have. Long story how I got a hold of this sweet bike but if anyone knows that if Eric has the old parts or extra keys or manuals for this bike let me know. It would help me out with the restoring part of this bike.

Jon

Definitely interested in hearing how you got the bike, and how you knew it was Eric's. That's crazy.

I work at a used car dealership in Millersburg and a random bike was going though a car auction in Columbus. Told my boss to buy and when we got it was missing lots of plastics and would not start. I don't mind because it will make a good winter project! Title came in with his name on it so I googled " Ducati and Eric Houston" and this thread came up. Sad to hear he is no longer here but what can I do. Seems like he had a lot of friends so that's nice. I like the bike and just started working on it. Can't wait till spring time!

I work at a used car dealership in Millersburg and a random bike was going though a car auction in Columbus. Told my boss to buy and when we got it was missing lots of plastics and would not start. I don't mind because it will make a good winter project! Title came in with his name on it so I googled " Ducati and Eric Houston" and this thread came up. Sad to hear he is no longer here but what can I do. Seems like he had a lot of friends so that's nice. I like the bike and just started working on it. Can't wait till spring time!
That's pretty cool actually. Very cool bike. She'll do you well.

You need to get in touch with me. I am the one who dropped it off at the auction and know more about your bike than anyone. Eric was a friend and he would want to see the bike going again. I am in contact with his wife and she still has some of the parts that he took off before it was to be turned in. Do not contact his wife.

Chris Calovini

President

Cycle Cat

614 800 0944

Edited by Chris@CycleCat
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
This thread revival is bittersweet. Eric was a pain in the ass' date=' but he was a fun guy to be around, mostly.

Don't be sad about buying his ride. She deserves a good home. Eric loved that bike. Be good to her.[/quote']

I miss that fool. he was always cool to hang out with :(

I hope you do the bike well, 998lotut