IBO and archery

Beegreenstrings

Well it is funny, I shot the IBO, first leg of the national triple crown. :nono:

What was I thinking. I am a moderately good shot. Carry lots of sponsorships and evidentally one hell of a salesman.

I shot what would be one of my worst rounds at this relatively easy course and even dropped to a easy class. WTF was I thinking. Took some joke of a bow (Rytera Nemesis). Nice bow all and all. But, for me it was the wrong choice. I flung 5 5's, which after two 5's you day is done. I know a few that can make up 10 points but that shoots the rest of your day...

It was horrible. My Bowtech 82nd airborne is 10X the bow that this thing is. Set-up is a 30" draw (so damn near any bow is fast at that length). 54lbs with a 330grn arrow. My bowtech shot 337FPS where as this thing shoots 280. :wtf:

So when I was off on a couple of targets, guess what... 5 city. SHIT! :cool:

Only good thing was working the booth for the string company that still thinks I am a good guy. Sold 4 sets of strings for them which made up for their trip.

What a waste. :rolleyes:

To further rub salt in the wound. The day I get back from there, there was a message that my limbs and other equipment showed up for my Hoyt. Go figure, day after the shoot. Which would have had a major impact. I have no idea speed wise what my hoyt shoots, but I have more confidence in it than this thing.

Don't know much about this competition, but from what you've stated, I gather once you enlist and start competition you're pretty much stuck with the weapon you start with huh?? Friend of mine at work got a nice Mathews ( X7....I believe? ) and was talking about a competition coming up so he may have been there -- he's off all this week so haven't been able to consort with him to know for sure.....think he shoots for Troy Tactical and Tackle.....his name's James Gilespee - ring any bells?

.....think he shoots for Troy Tactical and Tackle.....his name's James Gilespee - ring any bells?

I know a Gilespee that shoots in the Pro class' is that him? Goes by Jimmie?

Sorry to hear about the bad luck.. Big difference in 337 vs 280fps when it comes to archery and points.

Your not kidding brother... I should have caught 8's all of the 5 5's except for one. Shot it way too hot.

If just one 5 was a 10 I would have moved up 18 spots. :cry:

It is going to be better in Nelsonville. I have my Hoyt ready to go. Limbs were in when we got home and I did it last night. 30" draw 55lbs 330grn arrow - 312FPS. Not 337 but I did not expect my hoyt to do it. But the confidence is in the shot, so it should count for something.

I know a Gilespee that shoots in the Pro class' is that him? Goes by Jimmie?

He doesn't go by Jimmie here, everyone calls him Jim or James but that's his name......have to ask him next week if he's a pro class archer, but he's NO pro here at work :lol: