BeaveRun w/ NESBA 6/11/11

redkow97

I'll probably know several of the control riders who are working the event. Don't worry, I'll make sure he gets attention if he wants it :D

He def. needs the extra attention, it's not a matter of want....it's needs.

So are you saying you're going to be there Sunday to give me a talking to?

And if I wasn't in Cinci with my wife I would be there and whip your ass into shape! Besides that I don't think she'd let me do two track days in one week (was at Mid-O on Tue.).

I've never been to Beaver

Definitely stop by and pit near/with me if you can. It will be nice to meet another ORDN track rider.

There are a really only a couple of "tricks" at BeaveRun; namely that T7 is a blind entry (cresting a hill), and you don't want to use the whole track there. Sounds wrong, but you give up a ton of speed through 6 if you do, and getting wide in 7 is really bad news, because the cars ripple the track w/ their outside tires.

The other thing that caught me really early in my trackday "career" is that the braking zone for T1 is down-hill. Because of that, you can't see T1 until you crest the rise. It's probably only a 10 ft elevation change, but if you're not careful while you're learning the track, it's definitely possible to blow T1 just because you didn't see it early enough to brake.

the uphill section through 5 & 6 is my favorite part of the track. In "B," learning to pass on the brakes into T5 is one of the best ways to get around riders on more powerful bikes. They catch you on the back straight, but you should have enough momentum through T7 that you'll stay close enough to out-brake them for the carousel, and hold your lead onto the front straight.

...I have way too much seat time at BeaveRun (relative to other tracks).

Definitely stop by and pit near/with me if you can. It will be nice to meet another ORDN track rider.

There are a really only a couple of "tricks" at BeaveRun; namely that T7 is a blind entry (cresting a hill), and you don't want to use the whole track there. Sounds wrong, but you give up a ton of speed through 6 if you do, and getting wide in 7 is really bad news, because the cars ripple the track w/ their outside tires.

The other thing that caught me really early in my trackday "career" is that the braking zone for T1 is down-hill. Because of that, you can't see T1 until you crest the rise. It's probably only a 10 ft elevation change, but if you're not careful while you're learning the track, it's definitely possible to blow T1 just because you didn't see it early enough to brake.

the uphill section through 5 & 6 is my favorite part of the track. In "B," learning to pass on the brakes into T5 is one of the best ways to get around riders on more powerful bikes. They catch you on the back straight, but you should have enough momentum through T7 that you'll stay close enough to out-brake them for the carousel, and hold your lead onto the front straight.

...I have way too much seat time at BeaveRun (relative to other tracks).

I think you are confusing T7 with T8. T8 is the left hander kink where the ripples from the cars are located on the outside

What Craig said. There are indeed ripples in T8, so you're totally right about that, but I always get into them on the exit, with the bike pretty much picked up.

If you've never gotten into the ripples in T7, that's a good thing. They're off the preferred line for sure.

Planning on being there Saturday afternoon to get set up, settled in, and have a couple beers (after 5:00) w/ some folks I haven't seen since last season.

Since I'm riding Saturday and attendance will be low (VIR) I'll park like I'm from Parma to claim some extra space. Look for me on the track side of the paddock. Black R6 #28.

Pretty great day for me. Other than a dead battery, pretty much everything went great for me.

Unless I missed something, everyone from OrDN kept it on 2 wheels and had a good time.

Pictures of the "I" group captain's bike on the observation balcony will be posted as soon as I get them from Todd. Pictures of yank's bike in the women's shower were (sadly) not taken.

Wow, that was a long drive home after 2 days in the sun.

I had a great time meeting you Rob, Ryan and Dan.

Thanks to everyone that restaked my canopy while I was out on the track.

Thanks Walt for towing me a round the track and timing my laps.

Last of all congratulations to Chris for the A bump!:bow:

thanks :) I'm not sure I deserved it, but I guess they're thinking, "he ain't gettin' faster without someone to chase."

It's kind of bittersweet. Now I have a target on my back for sure at the races this weekend!