Apple Magic Mouse

Casper

that thing is actually kinda hard to use and is uncomfortable because your hand does not rest on it. i use them at work to demo macs and they are always doing something i dont want them to do, i still rock the mighty mouse because of this stuff. if you want multi touch gestures get a magic trackpad instead, its 10 times better than the magic mouse.

http://www.apple.com/magictrackpad/

yeahhh, they came with new iMacs. Almost everyone that got one, hates them.

I've had them up and fail to track. Just quit and refuse.

Using them when boot camped into windows on a Mac is a bad idea.

The mighty mouse sucks because you get dirt around the trackball. I hate that crap. I just got this magic mouse today and I'm loving it. Kind of an odd position, but it's already growing on me.

my biggest problem with the magic mouse is its almost impossible to right click when you want to and when you dont want to it will right click everything

and yeah the mighty mouse has the dirt on the trackball issue but usually tuning it over and rolling the ball around fixes the problem, i usually end up tearing it apart every 4 months and cleaning it out though cuz it will eventually stop working but then its perfect for another four months lol.

Edited by JStump

my biggest problem with the magic mouse is its almost impossible to right click when you want to and when you dont want to it will right click everything

and yeah the mighty mouse has the dirt on the trackball issue but usually tuning it over and rolling the ball around fixes the problem, i usually end up tearing it apart every 4 months and cleaning it out though cuz it will eventually stop working but then its perfect for another four months lol.

Huh. I haven't noticed that problem.

maybe its cuz you have to leave your index finger on the mouse to right click on the magic mouse but you have to lift it on the mighty mouse and i am just used to the mighty mouse lol

:confused:

I don't have to have my index finger on either to right click.

ha, i must just not use it right, but i know im not the only one who cant get it to work right lol

Dude, I have the exact same problem you described if I try to keep my index finger on the mouse while right clicking. LOL. My hand wants to click both fingers. But if I don't keep my index finger on the mouse, it's fine. LOL. I don't keep my finger on it anyways because I'm usually scrolling.

logitech MX500 had it 8 years still works like a champ,no issues

MS sidewinder laser (weight sled, multi pad, DPI change on the fly) had 4 years and still works like a champ.

Sure tech wise the Magic Mouse is cool, and it looks sleek, but I want a mouse that is not going to cramp my hand up and give me carpal tunnel.

MS sidewinder laser (weight sled, multi pad, DPI change on the fly) had 4 years and still works like a champ.

Sure tech wise the Magic Mouse is cool, and it looks sleek, but I want a mouse that is not going to cramp my hand up and give me carpal tunnel.

This. I have a huge ergonomic mouse that I love.

I just can't force myself to buy a Microsoft product. If Redhat or Centos made one I'd buy it. LOL

I just can't force myself to buy a Microsoft product. If Redhat or Centos made one I'd buy it. LOL

don't be a hater.

I love the keyboards. I been using MS ergo keyboards since 96, helped the caperal tunnel, and type nice. I still have 2 PS2 versions that are both over 10 years old, and worked the last time I needed to use them. I take one with me every place I have worked. The only issue I have the the black ones is I use them so much I wear the print off some of the keys.

The MS mouse, I won. It is "gamer" mouse with billet aluminum buttons and scroll wheel. It is a nice mouse, and has a lot of nice gimmicks for people that play FPSs.

add to that, I have a MS sidewinder force feedback Joystick as well. after 8 years no issues with it either.

(did I mention I sold my soul to MS in the 90s to pay the rent?)

don't be a hater.

I love the keyboards. I been using MS ergo keyboards since 96, helped the caperal tunnel, and type nice. I still have 2 PS2 versions that are both over 10 years old, and worked the last time I needed to use them. I take one with me every place I have worked. The only issue I have the the black ones is I use them so much I wear the print off some of the keys.

The MS mouse, I won. It is "gamer" mouse with billet aluminum buttons and scroll wheel. It is a nice mouse, and has a lot of nice gimmicks for people that play FPSs.

add to that, I have a MS sidewinder force feedback Joystick as well. after 8 years no issues with it either.

(did I mention I sold my soul to MS in the 90s to pay the rent?)

At least it was just your soul. Most women sell other things. ;)