iron pony saved my weekend

Hoblick

Ok here is the story i was looking over the harley thursday night just to make sure everything was good to go for my big weekend trip. Everything looked god, then i went to check my belt tension and check rear tire pressure.

Oh shit.. my drive belt is trashed.. upon further inspection it seems the 6 gauge negative battery cable that connects to the motor had been right up against the belt. The belt rubbed 3/4 the way through it. And the heavy wires inturn cut by belt up.

I no replacing the belt is a big job, and i dont have some of the tools to do the job, nor the time, we were leaving the next day in the evening. On top of that the total prixe was gonna be almost $800 out the door..$525 of it labor

So i wake up early call every local harley dealer, no one had a belt and they couldnt get me in anyway. Finally i located the only belt in ohio.. in carroll ohio at carsons harley davidson.

Well one problem solved.. now i need a place to change it..

Called iron pony even though i thought there is no way id be able to get it in and done in within the day. I spoke to dave in servixe, he got me right in and guranteed it be done by 7. His promise was kept, and he did an amazing job. He used to ne lead tech at a.d. farrow, so he knows his shit. And on top if that he charged 3 hours labor vs the harley dealers 6. So waljed out with a $240 bill.

Needless to say the bike is on the road and we are currently in virginia.. bike is performing flawlessly..

Thanks a million Dave!