leaking antifreeze

felixb555

i just rode home from work i noticed it running kinda hot like 200 on the freeway.i got off and it was about 219 and then 225 fan cut on and it went down some i get home turn the bike off and it was leaking anifreeze its green wasnt milky or anything and it stoped after about 10 min pudle about the size of a basketball.any sugestions or advice would be greatly apreciated

on the k7 GSXR 600 listed under your screen name?

Where is the fluid coming from?

is your overflow reservoir full?

is it closed?

I would suspect that your most likely place to get a leak is some hose connection that loosened up, and hasn't been put under pressure until the 90 degree heat today...

you're probably going to have to take off the bodywork to see anything, so start there.

yeah, find the leak. While you're looking, check and tighten radiator hose connections.

edit: and make sure no hoses or tubes are pinched part way shut by body work or parts.

That raises the pressure a lot.

this should go without saying, but try to avoid rolling through the antifreeze. Glycol based coolant is slick.

You'll also want to clean it up right away if you have pets or small children. Most kids aren't dumb enough to lick something off the garage floor, but pets will. Antifreeze tastes kind of sweet, and is quite toxic.