F.l.a.s.b.

Fonzie

International Motorcycle Show/Winter DTC/FLASB meeting :wink:

SamBusa, GoJira & myself have been headin' over to Cleveland the last 3 years with a group of friends to get our winter fix of motorcycles & camaraderie. I was kinda leanin' towards goin' to Novi, MI this year for a change of venue, but now that I've met all you fellow fucktards, thought it'd be fun to get a big group of us together & hang out for the day. We ususally stop nearby for a bite to eat afterwards, and to shoot the bull.

Anything like this already organized on here every year?

Could serve as the winter meeting of the DTC/FLASB!!

Novi, MI Jan. 2-4, 2009

Cleveland, OH Jan. 30 - Feb. 1, 2009

We usually get there mid afternoon, Saturday, as my kids typically have morning basketball games, and I co-coach several of their teams. Also Saturday so we can enjoy dinner/drinks & not have to worry about work the next morning & how late we get home

IMS linky............ http://www.motorcycleshows.com/motorcycleshows

Sooooooo........Anyone interested???

• 2 weeks later...

I got another NewEnough 10% discount code if anyone wants it

Gotta be used by 12/29 this time. I can personally vouch for their customer service, but don't intend on buying any new gear by then.

PM me if interested

• 5 weeks later...

http://www.ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=18121&page=7

Soooooo........Who's plannin' on prospecting for DTC membership besides Jagr, Cdub, & Vulc??? If you are, and you're only going to the show, but not cumming out to hang w/ us afterwards.......Let me know ahead of time 04.gif

We'll probably get there around 3:30-4:00. Depending on when my kids' basketball games are over that morning, it's about a 2 hour drive for us not including traffic & weather, both of which have been issues in past trips there. PM me celly's if you wanna KIT that day

We usually stroll around the show for 3 hours or so, then start lookin' for someplace to eat & BS (see details below from Vulc). Show's open 'til 9:00 on Saturday, so there's plenty of time

We roll pretty laid back......No hard itineraries/stress.....Just general timeframes to help coordinate everyone

Confirmed:

Sam *'Yokee*

Magley +

Keith (Chief) *'Yokee*

Greg (Little Carbs)

Kawi + *'Yokee*

Cleave *'Yokee*

Cdub *Prospect/'Yokee*

Vulcan Rider *Prospect/'Yokee*

Jagr + *Prospect/'Yokee*

Carrie & Ben *'Yokee*

Kosmo *'Yokee*

Chris (Moose) *'Yokee*

Pauly + *'Yokee*

Birch

Inya

R1Crusher

Spz9

Danielle

Turbo810

Jbot

Pratt

Nick-Working

Me *'Yokee*

Maybe's:

Ault

Bret

Dustin

G35tonv

JermAttak

Justin

Kyle

Phop

Below's the scoop from Vulcan Rider on the dinner/'yokee gathering afterwards. Thanx to him for doing the local legwork on this for us!! thumb.gif

So here's the deal i continued looking for bars that are doing karaoke that night and the only one i found is the one i spoke of in a previous post. The name of the bar is Buddy's and its in Brunswick which is around 15 miles south of the IX center. It would be fairly convenient for everyone to get home from there because 71 is only 10 minutes away and the turnpike is 15 minutes away. Buddy's has a decent menu including 2 dollar steaks on Saturdays and they have good prices on their alcohol. Karaoke starts at 9 and goes all night.

• 1 month later...

Was perusing my March Motorcyclist a little more, and just found this in their monthly feature. Not sure if you'll be able to read it or not (too small??), but it says he likes to cruise US 24 from Defiance to Toledo in his off season from racing thumb.gif How COOL would that be if we could get an Indy 500 champ to come out riding with us?!? eusa_dance.gif

scan0001.jpg

Just sent this email to Sam Hornish's agent, I believe :wink:

Hi.....I just saw Sam in the March issue of "Motorcyclist" magazine, and thought that was great he enjoys riding & has a bike. I live just south of Toledo, and was excited to see him mention that he sometimes rides US 24 between Napolean & T-town.

I also belong to a web forum called "OhioRiders.net" for motorcycle enthusiasts in & around Ohio. We often get together for charity events, group rides, camaraderie, etc & would love to extend an invitation to Sam to come check us out. There are rides & riders of all different skill levels, with dirt, drag, street, & track all represented.

If you could please pass this info on to Sam, or give us another way to contact him, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time

• 2 weeks later...

Hey good morning. Thanks for the invite. Im just a hair north of Findlay/Lima area. Im actually heading down there on saturday for a funeral and color guard detail. Im heading to the east coast for a couple weeks so I will hopefully talk to you all more when I get back . Have a good one!

Ohio Riders is predominantly Columbus based.....That's where the bulk of the membership is from. There's been substantial growth in the Dayton & Cleveland/Akron areas since I've been on the last year.

That's part of the reason I wanted to start FLASB.....Try to organize & grow our area, so we don't always have to travel so much to be a part of something

You've got several of the guys right down there with you.....Sam, Kyle, Ben & Chuck are all in Lima, or just outside town

I'm pretty well tied up 'til the end of the month with basketball & volleyball tournaments

• 3 weeks later...