DIY Camera Mount

BornSinner

This How-To was written by "Diderr"

This is a write up that I will be doing but with a different camera set-up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7tp3-yN7dA so i was messing around and figured out a good idea for a cam mount.

Supply list:

(1)- 1/4"-20-1" screw (most cameras take this thread)

(2-4)- 1/4" washers (depending on screw size)

Tool list:

power drill

17/64 drill bit (again depending on your screw size)

flat or philips head screw driver

adjustable wrench

pictureorvideo041yh7.jpg

drill a 17/64 hole in your passenger peg. where the hole goes depends on camera threading position and personal preference. the hole is barley big enough to get the screw through, I did this to insure a tight hold.

pictureorvideo044bf4.jpg

insert a washer on the screw, then poke it through the hole, put on a nut, and tighten.

pictureorvideo045kw0.jpg

add shims ( left over washers ) so that that your camera sits tight and in your desired position.

pictureorvideo046ec8.jpg

thread cam on, all done!!!

pictureorvideo048fn1.jpg

This is the camera that I will be set-up

AT18_j.jpg

Hey whitey... I have read some reviews on that Oregon scientific camera your looking at and they were not that great.. Also, have you put any thought into how to keep the passenger peg from bouncing up and down.. I like the idea, but like I said, I would be a bit concerned with the peg vibrating and bouncing since its not a sold mount point.

C-Net.com is what made my decision to purchase the Canon HV20 HD camcorder this New Years. The editor had it as his 3rd top pick of camcorders.

Flounder.......You make a great point!

I have the Cannon Elura 100.. When I bought it last year, it had just won camera of the year.. Great camera, only problem is, now I dont want to put it on the bike for fear of ruining it.. As we all know,, cameras on bikes tend to become ground magnets or cop magnets....

I have the Cannon Elura 100.. When I bought it last year, it had just won camera of the year.. Great camera, only problem is, now I dont want to put it on the bike for fear of ruining it.. As we all know,, cameras on bikes tend to become ground magnets or cop magnets....

My HV20 was camera of the year in 2007, so I read. I love it.

But yeah, if you crash, it will be held against you and you WILL get fucked HARDCORE!:eek::postcop:

Doesn't the foot peg have a detent that keeps it from flapping around? I bemlieve the passenger pegs will lock into place.

my pegs lock...so i dont see it bouncing around...also i look for something that will record....im not shooting a road race or stunt vid....plus if something happens to that camera...oh well....but thanks for the feed back...

my pegs lock...so i dont see it bouncing around...also i look for something that will record....im not shooting a road race or stunt vid....plus if something happens to that camera...oh well....but thanks for the feed back...

I have a cool helmet cam ....my chaine broke last year and flew up and hit me in the head"cam" fuked it up good .I got another one . I plan on riding w/ it all the time this season.

Do you still have the ant?

I have a cool helmet cam ....my chaine broke last year and flew up and hit me in the head"cam" fuked it up good .I got another one . I plan on riding w/ it all the time this season.

Do you still have the ant?

Are you talking about the rear view camera? (ANT)

If so ...yes

I just got a bigger screen, I really couln't see the object that good be hind me.....

But I will now

0128081638.jpg

Its getting painted right noe is that it matches the bike.....

• 10 months later...