TGIF

buells3rider

...figure we'll just keep this going another week...

A chicken farmer buys the blue ribbon rooster at the State Fair to be a stud rooster for his chicken coop, as the stud heÂ’s had for years is growing old. Upon arriving at the coop, the new rooster ruffles his feathers, sticks out his chest, pulls his head back proudly, and with overbearing confidence makes his way over to where the old rooster is sitting.

"OK old timer, itÂ’s time for you to retire - out with the old, in with the new", the young rooster tells him.

The elder rooster replies, "Come on, surely you cannot handle ALL of these hens. Look what itÂ’s done to me!! Besides, you canÂ’t just take over and not let me do my job at all - can't you just let me have the two old hens over in the corner?"

The young rooster scoffs and snidely says, "Get bent, Gramps! Look at you - youÂ’re old, haggered, and beaten down by age.YouÂ’re all washed up, and obviously you need replaced, which is why I was brought in, so just face the fact that itÂ’s time for me to take over... thereÂ’s a NEW sheiff in town."

Sighing, the old rooster stands from his crouch and takes a look at the headstrong and brash new stud. He draws in a ragged breath and says "I tell you what, young buck. WeÂ’ll settle this with a race around the farmhouse. Whoever makes it around the house and back here first wins, and gets exclusive domain over the entire chicken coop. All or nothinÂ’. What do ya say?"

The young rooster throws back his head and laughs hysterically. "You know you don't stand a chance, you has been! But just to show you I can be fair? IÂ’ll even give you a head start."

The old rooster marks a line in the dirt with his foot. They both nod in the understanding that the first one across it becomes the king of the castle. The geriatric rooster takes a long breath, then takes off running. About 15 seconds later the young rooster decides itÂ’s a fair start, and takes off running after him. They round the front porch of the farmhouse and the young rooster has closed the gap. He is only about 5 feet behind the older rooster and gaining fast.

The farmer, meanwhile, is sitting in his usual spot on the front porch drinking his morning coffee when he sees the two roosters go sprinting by, the old rooster squawking and causing a commotion, the younger one close in tow.

The farmer grabs the 12guage sitting by the door and blasts the new stud to pieces, nothing left but a fog of feathers and dirt.

The farmer shakes his head with disappointment and says, "Damn... third gay rooster IÂ’ve bought this month!!"