Local Trails

1972mike

Does anyone know of any good places to ride close to Columbus? I would like somewhere other than Hocking/Wayne.

We are trying to figure that out as we speak... me, zorro and putty all ride dirt and need some places to ride... you a quad or db guy.

Quad I have that DS650 for speed and have that Wolverine 4x4 for some mud fun. Everyone I ask about some local trails always says there are really no good riding spots other than Wayne or the Hatfield McCoy trail. There has to be something...

The only place local to Columbus is behind the Lowes on the south end, on the northwest quadrant of the 270/23 intersection. You can google map it and see there's a lot of acreage to ride. It doesn't compare to Wayne, but it's close...and that's what counts.

We rode there yesterday...and it got muddy as hell!

Thanks I am going to try to check it out today. Is there a place to park and unload without my truck being towed?

Most people just park at Lowes.. you should know that the land he is referring to is private and the guy hates people riding there.. Its not an open spot to ride.. you do run the risk of getting in trouble.

Most people just park at Lowes.. you should know that the land he is referring to is private and the guy hates people riding there.. Its not an open spot to ride.. you do run the risk of getting in trouble.

This is true...or at least that's what I've heard from a few people. I've ridden there about 3 or 4 times. Each time there were other people riding and no one ever said anything to me.