Senior Citizens Lament (Joke)

lagalaxy8

Senior Citizens Lament (Joke)

Everything is farther away now than it used to be, it is twice as far to the corner & they’ve added a hill, I’ve noticed.

I’ve given up running for the bus, it leaves faster than it used to.

It seems to me they are making stairs steeper than in the old days, & have you noticed the smaller print in the newspapers lately?

There’s no point in asking anyone to read aloud, everyone speaks in such low tones, and I can hardly hear them.

The material in clothes is so skimpy now, to, especially around the waist & hips, it is almost impossible to reach down to put on my shoes.

Even people are changing; they are so much younger than they used to be when I was their age. On the other hand, people my own age are so much older looking than I am.

I ran into an old classmate the other day & he had aged so much that he didn’t recognize me. I got to thinking about the poor thing the other day while I was combing my hair &, in so doing, I glanced at my own reflection. Confound it! They don’t even make good mirrors anymore!!