Thinking bout paint, ur thoughts

Jamez

So the TT is in excellent mechanical shape but its age is showing in the paint.

I was thinking about painting it this winter. My buddy is a auto body painter at an amazing shop; so will do the bike pretty cheap.

Is it even worth it?

Edited by Jamez

Honestly the paint looks ok from that pic...although pics do tend to hide scratches and blemishes. If he is a GOOD painter then yeah, might as well have it professionally sprayed if you plan on hanging on to the bike for a while. Just don't cheap out and rattle can it or something like that...it will look like ass and chip off like crazy. That is a cool bike, so yeah I think it would be worth it.

The new paint will probably hurt the value depending on what color you do. When I see new paint on a bike the first thing I think of is that its hiding a low speed crash and the fairings got rash. If you do any personal colors (including oranges, yellow etc) it will limit the market. I have seen a couple bikes get painted in the $800-900 range, but I am assuming your friend will do it for just the cost of paint.

Honestly, I doubt yours needs it. Once I get all the fairings for mine I will paint it however I like because I don't care about the resale at this time. If you are doing it for looks, go for it; if you are doing it for resale, I would hold off (unless you're trying to bring it back to factory)

you might want to try to do some polishing and touch up paint on the bike. It's amazing how much better a car looks after a through polish and wax. color-rite.com has some pretty good color match touch up paints for those rock chips and small scratches.