Oil options

Beegreenstrings

OK I asked a few months back when I got the Superhawk about oil.

I am currently running a Mobile 1 full synthetic. But it is a 10w-40. Not thick enough for the twin pumper in my opinion.

anyone have any suggestions. I ask because as it gets hotter out I am hearing more motor noise than normal. I could be tuning my ears to it, but I think it is to thin on oil.

It is also heating up faster in the mornings, as well.

Another part of this would be, Do they make a 20w - 50 in Mobile 1 Full syn?

Buy Mobile 1 for V-Twin ! I have it in my Buell !

Any ideas of where this is sold?

I think it is or was the gold cap

Yeah, all I have seen around here is the blue and green caps? I usually buy it by the big jugs. I have found that after filling the Superhawk up, I have exactly enough left in a big jug to do the XR as well.

This may be off topic but, has anyone had their new ride blow up because of the use of any type of oil?

Lets exclude those instances where the wrong viscosity has been used.

I have used car oil molbe 1 and car filter m108 and never seem to be a issue

+1. FJR owners go long miles and always look for the deals. They use car oil and filters almost exclusively. In the Honda manual, all they want is a good quality dino oil and NOT energy conserving.

I am a long distance fjr owner and would never use car oil to save a buck, I use mo 1. Advance auto sometimes runs a special where you get like five quarts and a filter for like 35 or 40 this specail also includes the v-twin mo 1 , maybe call them and ask about details