BeaveRun w/ WERA 9/4/11?

redkow97

I just registered. Should get rid of my orange shirt this weekend, unless I do something dumb.

I only registered for B superstock, and C superbike/Superstock.

If I get my shit packed Friday night, and the weather looks good for Saturday, I'll consider running the solo 20 (middleweight) on Saturday too, but finances are a little tight, and I want to race at Nelson in a few weeks too :)

anyone else doing the WERA thing?

Big lowside in T2 ended my day early.

I walked away pretty much fine. The bike cartwheeled several times and needs a decent amount of work though!

I started 12th row and crashed out of 8th place after completing 4 laps. I was riding great right up until I threw it away. Turned a personal best 1:04.38x prior to crashing.

Oh well. If anyone has 600rr parts for sale, I need a fairings stay, and throttle cables. Probably more ignition side controls too. Bike cranks, but won't start.

Pics to follow.

I was really nervous about the weather as well, and if i hadn't pre-registered, I probably would have bailed.

Morning practice was damp. I was in groups 3 and 5. by the second time group 3 was up, I was going pretty much full-tilt though; at least as full-tilt as I ever go in practice. turned a 1:05.x or something, so there was definitely grip out there.

Had I actually been able to grid for them, all of my races would have been dry. The drive home was NOT, but I was packed up and rolling out by 2:30.

well there's your problem...

1315312341.jpg

Rear wheel also ate a healthy amount of grass. I pray it's not bent.

1315312305.jpg

Something's missing...

1315312377.jpg

Oh, that would be the exhaust that snapped, then slashed my tire to the cords!

1315312389.jpg

This bike had a wind screen and gauges earlier. the mud on the damper is a nice addition too...

1315312273.jpg

my leathers saved my ass (and shoulder, and elbows)

Doesn't look like much, but this is the first part of me to hit the ground. The shoulder has the deepest wear, if not the largest surface area

1315312243.jpg

Right forearm/elbow. My arm folded under my body, so the rash is actually on top of my right forearm

1315312401.jpg

The right hip is shockingly lightly worn. Note where the leather folded. I guess they're a little loose on me when i'm not in a riding position.

1315312426.jpg

and finally, my left elbow.

1315312200.jpg

There's minor wear all across the butt of my leathers, and some stuff on the right knee, but nothing major.

Aside from some stitching being taken out on the right shoulder, I'm totally impressed with the wear.