Yo Flounder

Chrome

i know your into aviation, so have you ever heard of these little things. just google it

MC-15 Cri-cri

let me know. they say that the were about 1000 us dollard in 1970, so i don't know if they are even around still.

Yeah I have heard of them and seen them at some airshows.. If memory serves me, there were some issues with them. Are you looking at building one or something?

It is super light and with such a small wing surface, I would hate to try and takeoff, fly, or land that thing on anyday where there wasnt absolutely 0 zero wind. Im talking 1-2 knots at the very most and it had better be a direct headwind because a cross wind of anys ort on that little thing would get ya killed in a heartbeat.

I'm just trying to find one that is already built, don't even know if there are any in the states. i found alot of them in Germany

To be honest, I wouldnt want one... There are some super homebuilt kits you can get as well as just pick up a used airplane for around 30K-50K depending what you want. Dont forget that there is allot of maintenance costs associated with an airplane, some of which by law, you are not allowed to perform yourself.

If I were to go homebuilt, I would probably get an RV of some model.. They are quick and depending on the model, fully aerobatic. I personally love flying the piper cub, citabria, and decathalon's... All of them are tailwheel airplanes which makes it more fun...

First things first, get your license before looking to buy a plane...

yea workin on the license thing right now

If ya need any help or want someone to quiz you over beers, let me know. Also, if you want to build your hours and need a licensed pilot and dont want to pay the instructor fee, just let me know.. I will go up anytime.

does this mean you are offering to pay for the plane?

You have 2 options.. 1 you pay for the plane and the instructor fee.

Two.. you pay for the plane and I charge you nothing but you still rack up your hours as if you would when an instructor is in the plane.

Obviously you would primarily do this if you wanted to practice your cross country's or maneuvers and wanted to have a safety pilot in the plane.