German police find explosives on rails in Berlin

Casper

easy target. thousands of miles of rails, minimal patrols, and it's very difficult to stop a train, even if you know there's a break in the track, or an explosive that's going to be triggered when it arrives.

surprised this doesn't happen more often.

I hate to say it too, but I'm surprised we're not the target of more terrorist activity. In many cases, trains go right through the centers of cities, carry explosive and hazardous chemicals, and like Redkow says, there's thousands of miles of rail with little to no protection. Trains stop fairly frequently and it wouldn't take much to put some sort of device on the train.

On a side note, we're not allowed to run through Indianapolis when the Colts play - our track goes right through the Depot downtown, which has Lucas Oil Stadium on one side, maybe 300 yards away, the Pacer's arena on the other with nothing but 100 feet between us, and the Indianapolis Indians ballpark about 400 yards away shortly later. I have a feeling they are concerned that with this concentration of people so close, the temptation for terror would be too great.

Trains (especially mixed freight or manifest trains) carry some pretty nasty shit. There's chemicals and waste that we are required by law to carry and no one else can or will.

Bombs on the rail is a bad thing.

Now that you mention the Colts, I will have to pay more attention to whether or not trains run during Browns games.

<insert your own joke about blowing up the Browns>

The tracks run right along side the "pit" lot on W. 3rd though. I park there 3 days a week for work, and pretty much every time I tailgate. It's probably about 1/4 mile from the stadium, but still close to a lot of people and vehicles before the game. The pit is full by 8:00 on Sunday mornings... I know trains run before the games. I've thrown bottles at them.

Now that you mention the Colts, I will have to pay more attention to whether or not trains run during Browns games.

<insert your own joke about blowing up the Browns>

The tracks run right along side the "pit" lot on W. 3rd though. I park there 3 days a week for work, and pretty much every time I tailgate. It's probably about 1/4 mile from the stadium, but still close to a lot of people and vehicles before the game. The pit is full by 8:00 on Sunday mornings... I know trains run before the games. I've thrown bottles at them.

I thought almost every team runs a train on the browns when they play?:bukkake-1: