stupid wet dark friday mornings

ReconRat

I had one car and one pickup truck turn left in front of me on the way to work this morning.

The truck gunned it to get out of the way, but the car about a mile previous was a lot closer.

Close enough that I couldn't goof around by gunning the engine like I normally would. About 25 feet in front of me, but I had the brakes on long before that. The wet road didn't allow for anything other than starting an evasive move around the back side of the car. Didn't need it, the getting on the brakes early let the car pass in front of me. But it wasn't comfortable being that close in front of me.

Stupid wet/dark/Friday/morning/cars...

edit: yeah, and stupid half blind drivers with no depth perception...

Edited by ReconRat

What you thought the weather would make drivers more cautious? :lol:

no no, I've learned by crossing in cross walks downtown that cars drive faster in the rain through college school zones, and are less likely to stop for cross walks and pedestrians. I'd expect no less than stupid moves in the rain.

Tom = 2' date=' Cars = 0. Tom lives to ride another day :trophy:

Glad you're ok. ;)[/quote']

If you ride in early morning downtown traffic, it's quite common. Usually several a week. On Saturday and Sunday morning you even find drunks out from the night before. Trying to get home. Or right after big sports events. Life in the city, what can you do.

Tom = 2' date=' Cars = 0. Tom lives to ride another day :trophy:

Glad you're ok. ;)[/quote']

If you ride in early morning downtown traffic, it's quite common. Usually several a week. On Saturday and Sunday morning you even find drunks out from the night before. Trying to get home. Or right after big sports events. Life in the city, what can you do.

edit: For a real fun time... try it in the fog...