Bodyguard .380/M9 range report

C-bus

Wife and I spent the morning at New Albany Shooting Range yesterday to break in a couple of new toys. My wife bought her S&W Bodyguard in May, but hadn't had the opportunity to test it out. I have to say that I was really pleasantly surprised. The gun has a long trigger pull with a fairly heavy break at the end. Shot 150 rounds of CCI Blazer aluminum with only one failure to fire. Fortunately, the gun has second strike capabilities so she simply pulled the trigger again with success. Slow, concentrated fire allowed me to keep all six rounds on the 3" Burchwood Casey at the 25' mark consistently. The laser sight was pretty nifty as well. I could take it or leave It, but that's just my opinion. I'd definitely feel comfortable carrying this as a cheap little pocket gun.

I also shot my new Beretta M9. Very accurate, no failures whatsoever, and a pleasure to shoot. Not sure that it will ever be my Go-To, but it's a keeper. I still prefer the gen4 G-19 to it, but a solid gun nonetheless.

Sorry for the dry post, but I'm really hungover right now.:puke:

Edited by C-bus
  • Upvote 1

Watch out for burning powder but it's a good gun. Laser is too hard to activate though

They needed to place the button about a half inch closer to the trigger to really make it useful. All in all, a great little gun.