An all light switch.

RSparky

Sitting here on a cold concrete floor at work, daydreaming about riding, and I had an idea. I plan to install bixenon projectors this winter, and I also plan to do track days sometime with this bike. (when I have money, that is) anywho, I know you're supposed to either unplug or tape off your lights. is there any reason why one, couldn't install a switch, maybe near the fuse box, under the seat, which would simply cut power to the brake lights, signals, and ballasts/projectors? That would make it a lot simpler for people.

I believe you have to tape or cover all lights so there is less glass everywhere if there was an accident. You also need to turn the lights off either by switch, pulling fuse, pulling bulb etc so that the back of the tape doesn't melt to the light housing

Gracias guys. the whole cop thing was in the back of my mind, but I doubt I'd ever run in the first place. Nonetheless, twould be cool to be able to stealth it out for giggles. I'm not too familiar with switches though, but I think I'd have to find a switch with 3 pairs of leads. Do they make such a thing?

I searched for a triple pole single or double throw, but didn't find much...

You could do a lot of different electronic variations, but the easiest might be to just take all the grounds and put them through a spst switch to the chassis or battery (I don't know the wiring of the r6). Cut the ground, everything is out. You would still need to tape your lights at the track, but then you don't have to worry about heating up the adhesive and making it a bitch to remove the tape

We sell 6-pole switches at work, well actually 5-pole and a ground but they're available - personally, I'd just pull the fuses unless you do a LOT of trackdays - saves you time, a bit of money, and less to fail later......wouldn't want a switch failing when a cops trailing......up to you though