Adobe Photoshop Elements 10

buildit

Who's using it. More over who's using it on a MAC and what OS?

I'm asking because I finally found a video editing program that will work on a MAC OS 10.5. But I want to make sure it is able to produce HD quality video using it on my system.

Don't you want Premiere Elements? That's the video editing specific software. I have the latest Photoshop CS5 pro version and have no idea if you can even do video with it. If you have a kid in school (K-12) you can purchase it for only $200.

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-elements.html

Well, I found a link to a 1 month free trial for elements 9 and think I'll try it first. So far it seems to work well on my computer and will produce 1080p video. Later I'll download all the effects and try to shoot some HD video to see if it will allow me to edit HD video and save the edited material. If it will I'm good. :)

I'd upload some video from element 9 but it all has a banner over the video saying "made with.....9". This is 480P and the best my current programs will do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBi_91Wgll8

Edited by buildit

Did you bother clicking the link I posted? You can download ANY Adobe software (Pro Stuff too) free for 30 days direct from Adobe. From what I read iMovie software from Apple is suppose to be pretty good on the MAC platform.

If you happen to have a windows machine as well you can download windows movie maker for free and it handles 1080 HD easily.

Did you bother clicking the link I posted? You can download ANY Adobe software (Pro Stuff too) free for 30 days direct from Adobe. From what I read iMovie software from Apple is suppose to be pretty good on the MAC platform.

If you happen to have a windows machine as well you can download windows movie maker for free and it handles 1080 HD easily.

the current iMovie release doesn't work on OS10.5 and Elements 10 requires newer versions of Final Cut and Qtime than I have now. So if 9 works I'll be saving a lot of $$$$ even if it's a bit slower.

Yes, but it doesn't have elements 9 anymore, see above.

Win7. I like it but haven't really used any other program. I only use it for photos not video. I know there are more advanced PP programs but this is good for me to learn on. Still advanced enough to use RAW files and all that but not over my head.

Win7. I like it but haven't really used any other program. I only use it for photos not video. I know there are more advanced PP programs but this is good for me to learn on. Still advanced enough to use RAW files and all that but not over my head.

Thanks. I'll download the special effects half of the program tonight when I go to bed. Something like 8 hours for the download.:eek:

Don't you want Premiere Elements? That's the video editing specific software. I have the latest Photoshop CS5 pro version and have no idea if you can even do video with it.

Well, I picked up element 10 at Best Buy on black friday for $50. After fighting the installation gremlins I started playing with the program. Not bad as it seems to have all the abilities of imovie and final cut. Some gremlins in the installation program but now that it's in. ---->

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSZK_P4dl4k

I'm in HD;)

Good deal on the software, I"m pretty sure Premier Elements is native 64bit now so you can utilize more than 4GB of RAM but maybe that doesn't matter on the MAC's? If you get stuck on something there is many how-to's on youtube.

Thanks, most the issues had to do with the dynamiclinkmanager which the install program kept saying had to be shut down before I could continue installation. Hopefully Adobe will develop a patch for it someday as their current go around seems to consist of going in and deleting files in the program.:rolleyes: