Spy Satalite

Chrome

any one have any info. on this. they said on the news that the shot it down, around 10:30pm. just curious if there are any articales or pics out there

The news said that the missile DID hit and destroy the fuel tank about 130 miles over the ocean.... I hope that shit burns up in the atmosphere.

Thanks satan. what kind of information do you think that thing had on it? think that this was a plan just to get rid on the info that they had collected over the past year?

No. It malfunctioned almost immediately after being deployed. This was to protect the equipment on board I'm sure.

No. It malfunctioned almost immediately after being deployed. This was to protect the equipment on board I'm sure.

They are saying that they did it because the 5000 lbs of fuel would act as a bomb and fly hrough the atmosphere and kill people. But, old space junk hits earth all the time, and some organizaion said the satelite would have hit the ocean anyways, even if it did hit the earth, the risk of a car-sized satelite hitting a civilized place would be miniscule. One bm3 (or whatever the missle is called) costs 10 million dollars! Now every space-venuring nation has to dodge all the crap when they launch. Funny because the US threw a fit some time ago when china blew up one of their satelites.

Those are the facts, but IMO the gov is just showing off their guns

The gov doesnt care about a fuel tank! It had secret Things on board that they did not want people to get ahold of! I wish we knew the truth,but we will never know! Also we have never been to the moon!:popcorn:

I don think they were "hiding" anything, as if somone will swim to the bottom of the ocean only to find a blown up sattelite

I'm sure that they blew it up to protect some secrets on board, Thats pretty much a gimmie since it's a spy satellite.

We bitched at China because unlike our spy satellite, which is in low orbit, the one they destroyed was in high orbit, and the debris may never come down since it's so far off. The debris from our satellite, at this point, has already fallen into the atmosphere and burnt up, so it's not really a big deal.

I'll somewhat buy the fuel excuse, it's not like their using high test on this thing, it's a severely toxic substance that you wouldn't want to get on your shirt, or even within a few blocks of; From Wikipedia;

Hydrazine is highly toxic and dangerously unstable, especially in the anhydrous form. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency:

Symptoms of acute (short-term) exposure to high levels of hydrazine may include irritation of the eyes, nose, and throat, dizziness, headache, nausea,
in humans. Acute exposure can also damage the
, and
. The liquid is
and may produce
from skin contact in humans and animals. Effects to the
, liver,
, and
have been reported in animals chronically exposed to hydrazine via inhalation. Increased incidences of lung, nasal cavity, and liver tumors have been observed in rodents exposed to hydrazine.

Doesn't sound like fun :D

If thats their excuse I'll buy it, to me it's not worth the risk of that shit hitting land, or water for that matter, intact. I don't buy global warming, but this shit I'd definately say we should keep out of any environment.