Who is gonna pick up Danny Eslick?

bertman85

This should be interesting.

By all accounts the EBR 1190RS has the speed to race at this level, but Geoff May just hasn't been able to compete with the top 5. Eslick is the real deal. No more excuses.

This could make or break EBR.

+1... I am thinking the same, if Eslick can't make the EBR 1190 competitive, I am not so sure if the EBR 1190 is ready for this level of competition.

Personally I think he will do well, if the bike stays together for him, that is a big if in my opinion!

I hope the new 1190 is a more competitive machine than the 1125; but it's probable the weaker results were due to rider competance and setup complications?? Idk the whole story; but if the 1190 is too fast for the field, AMA surely won't hesitate to demand additional weight or something similar like they did in SS with the V2's vs I4's. Either way, every AMA season has been more and more fun to watch ever since the Mladin/Spies show went off the air. I like the fact that the Josh's are teammates now, they're a good pair for Graves team and were personable guys when I met 'em both last year at MidO

I would be really surprised if either the 1190RS or the KTM will be 'too fast for the field.'

I'm just hoping to see a twin in the mix for podiums. I would really like to see the EBR do well because it's American (well, more American than any other bike in the feild).

I thought Fillmore was doing a great job last year, until he had the crash. May is super talented, but I'm not so sure if he is good enough for AMA podiums. I like Eslick's style more each time I see him push Herrin off his line.

Filmore's KTM ride got cancelled. It was in road racing world last month.

But they managed a 7th in their debut.

I think the 1190 has a legit shot at getting on the podium, but it's going to take the right circumstances. I don't buy that May is the weak link. He's had 0 setup notes and no teammate to try other settings. Now they will literally be collecting twice as much data and feedback every lap.

I think Eslick's "ride the wheels off the bike" style favors weekends where teams have less time to prepare. So if it rains through practice, and then suddenly dries out for the race, look for Eslick to do well in race 1. Once the other teams get the chance to adjust though, then we'll see which bike is really most capable, rather than which rider can make the most of a bike with guesswork setup.

3. And 1 wildcard guest rider for a few rounds

The above post was not meant as an inclination we're planning to run with Eric this year at all.

If I did let that kind of info slip before the PR I'd have my ass handed to me lol

Edited by natedogg624

Filmore's KTM ride got cancelled. It was in road racing world last month.

But they managed a 7th in their debut.

I think the 1190 has a legit shot at getting on the podium, but it's going to take the right circumstances. I don't buy that May is the weak link. He's had 0 setup notes and no teammate to try other settings. Now they will literally be collecting twice as much data and feedback every lap.

I think Eslick's "ride the wheels off the bike" style favors weekends where teams have less time to prepare. So if it rains through practice, and then suddenly dries out for the race, look for Eslick to do well in race 1. Once the other teams get the chance to adjust though, then we'll see which bike is really most capable, rather than which rider can make the most of a bike with guesswork setup.

Taylor Knapp was running pretty much the same lap times as May on what I recall was a borrowed 1190rs streetbike. Even as team mates sharing data, I'll be surprised if May can run with Eslick.

Edited by Tpoppa

Taylor Knapp was running pretty much the same lap times as May on what I recall was a borrowed 1190rs streetbike. Even as team mates sharing data, I'll be surprised if May can run with Eslick.

I agree with this. Danny will shine on the bike. He has the experience even though this is a new bike, the baseline is similar.

The issue is that Danny is heading down a slippery slope if he doesn't clean up his act. His antics are what landed him from a possible great ride to a hand me down seat. It isn't terrible, but the fact is that a Suzuki SB seat is what he should have been up for and he got shunned due to being dumb...

So, is anyone riding the KTM in AMA this season?

I don't think that KTM has a serious interest in AMA yet, if they did, I would think that several riders would like to take that seat, just my opinion though.

I am curious who will introduce the new Ducati 1199 Panigale to the AMA?

Edited by LINK

I don't think that KTM has a serious interest in AMA yet, if they did, I would think that several riders would like to take that seat, just my opinion though.

I am curious who will introduce the new Ducati 1999 Panigale to the AMA?

We do have a serious interest. Otherwise, we wouldn't have started what we did with HMC last season. However, that being said, the series requires sponsorship for each and every team. We needed a big sponsor/supporter and that fell through. So, we are not running the series at this stage unless something changes.

So, is anyone riding the KTM in AMA this season?

Nothing factory supported. Privateers possible as we have the RS model that was what Chris was running (was based off this). However, unless they have the funds and access to the things Mitch had and ourselves, they will not be front runners.

Nothing factory supported. Privateers possible as we have the RS model that was what Chris was running (was based off this). However, unless they have the funds and access to the things Mitch had and ourselves, they will not be front runners.

Too bad. Nothing against Suzukis and Yamahas, but it would be nice to see something other than Suzukis and Yamahas :)

Too bad. Nothing against Suzukis and Yamahas, but it would be nice to see something other than Suzukis and Yamahas :)

Dude, tell me about it. I was heart broken when management told me. I was actually floored...

But, things happen for a reason and so, I think we will be back when the time is right. However, not sure when that time will be.

In the meantime, I will root for Danny as he is a blast to watch. I just cross my fingers that he will grow up a little and treat the things he is given with a little more respect.

In the meantime, I will root for Danny as he is a blast to watch. I just cross my fingers that he will grow up a little and treat the things he is given with a little more respect.

So what is the deal with him? All I know is what I see on TV. He races hard, loves to win, and frequently bulldozes Herrin out of his way.

Is he a dick? or a drunk? or just has some growing up left to do?

• 1 month later...

So...Fillmore is on the entry list for Daytona, riding for KTM/HMC Racing. Did something change with KTM or is this the only race of the year?

Also, 3 EBR 1190RS are in the field, 2 of those have sponsorship from EBR's new business partner, Hero.

Still no 1199s on the entry list :(

http://www.amaproracing.com/rr/events/entrylist.cfm?year=2012&eid=2012011205

Edited by Tpoppa

So...Fillmore is on the entry list for Daytona, riding for KTM/HMC Racing. Did something change with KTM or is this the only race of the year?

Also, 3 EBR 1190RS are in the field, 2 of those have sponsorship from EBR's new business partner, Hero.

Still no 1199s on the entry list :(

http://www.amaproracing.com/rr/events/entrylist.cfm?year=2012&eid=2012011205

Yup, we are back on. Gained a needed sponsor and we are racing the full season. It's a pretty great deal and we will have an even stronger program this season than last year. Stay tuned!!

• Upvote 1

Yup, we are back on. Gained a needed sponsor and we are racing the full season. It's a pretty great deal and we will have an even stronger program this season than last year. Stay tuned!!

Cool. Who is the new sponsor? I really want to se a twin on the podium this year.

Edited by Tpoppa