TGIF

buells3rider

have been at work all day, just wanted to toss this out before taking off to Chicago - Happy St. P's everybody!! :cheers:

A young doctor moves out to a small community to replace the aging doctor there. The first day, the veteran Physician suggests that his understudy accompany him as he makes his routine house calls so that the people of the community can become accustomed to him.

At the first house they visit, the newly arrived young doctor listens intently as the an older lady discusses the weather, their grandchildren and the latest church bulletin with the two of them. After some time, the older doctor asks how she

had been feeling.

"I`ve been a little sick to my stomach lately, to be honest," she replies.

"Well, Margaret," he says, "you`ve probably been over doing it a bit with the fresh fruit. Why don`t you cut back some on the amount of fresh fruit you've been eating and see if that helps."

As they leave the house, the younger doctor is more than just a little perplexed, and decides to ask how the his senior colleauge had reached his diagnosis so quickly.

"You didn`t even examine that woman," he started, before the seasoned doctor interrupts,

"I didn`t have to, son - did you notice I dropped my stethoscope on the floor in there?"

"Yes, sir, I did - but how...?"

Well, when I bent over to pick it up, I looked around and noticed a half dozen banana peels in the trash can. She lives alone, so I'm guessing that's probably what has been making her ill."

"That`s pretty sneaky," comments the young M.D. "Do you mind if I try it at the next house?"

"I don`t suppose it could hurt anything, sure."

The two doctors are sitting with Emily, an elderly widow, at her house. They spend several minutes discussing the weather and grandchildren and the latest church bulletin. After several minutes, the fresh face asks the widow Emily how she has been feeling lately.

"I`ve felt terribly run down lately," she answers. "I'm plenty happy, but I just don`t have as much energy as I used to."

"You`ve probably been doing too much work for the church," he suggests, without even examining her or even feeling her forehead. "Perhaps you should ease up a bit and see if that helps."

As they're walking down her front porch steps, the elder physician looks at the man who will be filling his shoes for a moment, wondering how he learned to read the tells so quickly.

"You know, I'm impressed. Your diagnosis is probably right, but do you mind telling me how you came to that conclusion?"

"Sure," replies the new kid. "Just like you, I dropped my stethoscope on the floor and looked around the room while I was down there."

"OK, and...?"

"Well, when I bent down to pick it up, I looked around the room and there was the preacher hiding under the bed. Kinda figured it out from there!"