what tire can i get 12k miles out of?

Hoblick

I think thats what Likwid has on his VROD and he rides the shit out of that thing. He's scraping all kinds of shit before even having to worry about the tire

yeah i am kinda in the same boat. i run out of lean angle before the tires would even consider going. which is why i have had to raise the bike up some to gain a little more lean angle. still scrape shit though.

Yeah.....dont hate the brand just the wannabe posers.;) There for sure are some riders "like you" however that just isnt the norm for many HOG owners. And I agree 100% that using a car tire on a motorcycle is just plain retarded. And I too don't skimp on tires or brakes, nothing more important. If I get 6k "safely" out of a rear tire on my C14 I would be more than satisfied, right now the Pirelli Angels I am running that you mounted for me seem to be the ticket. And you have one sweet ass HOG, I would love to have one just like it!

I never understood the darkside guys...you would think that running a car tire on the back would make your bike handle like shit. I can understand guys looking for longer lasting tires, as long as it is a legit question about tire compounds etc.

A snow tire on the back does surprisingly well, believe it or not. If there's a handling difference I couldn't feel it. I ran one on a long trip where burning up a perfectly good tire just didn't make much sense. Wasn't a lot of twisties to speak of, so why not? It's not unsafe.

I found cornering performance suprisingly good, there's some interesting videos out there shot of a car/rear during a track session and they flex to keep a lot of the flat tread on the pavement, they don't "square off" like people tend to fear they will.

I wouldn't run one as a matter of course, and certainly not on a sport bike but for a commuter or long-haul bike? Hell ya.

Real motorcycle tires have a larger contact patch when leaning, compared to when straight up vertical. I don't think very many do that. Or maybe that not many do it very well. Yeah, I'd like to try a pair of high mileage tires, someday.